..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Soul Calibur 3 a little slow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Welp, my CPU is a Core i5 4460 3.2-3.4ghz, 8gb DDR3, and my fellow onboard Intel HD 4600.
The game is NTSC and play in a range of 50 - 60 fps all the time with the EE at 99%, a very resource demanding game.
So my question is:Is there something that i can do to get a little better speed to get it perfect? or should i buy a PAL version of the game?
It occasionally slows down even on my PC, I suggest running native or at 1260x709 at most, though your CPU is slightly weaker than mine, so try different values of the speedhacks

try presets 3 or 4 in the emulation settings and see how that goes for you
(05-20-2017, 03:47 PM)maxen1416 Wrote: [ -> ]It occasionally slows down even on my PC, I suggest running native or at 1260x709 at most, though your CPU is slightly weaker than mine, so try different values of the speedhacks

try presets 3 or 4 in the emulation settings and see how that goes for you

Your GPU is MUCH better than mine, i'm using an onboard Intel HD 4600 and playing at native resolution, the thing is, the overhead is all on CPU, i've never seen a game use that much CPU on PCSX2, lemme try these speedhacks..
EDIT: Tested the preset balanced, well it stays at 100% now, but the fluidity goes away, the game looks really choppy now..
I have a decent computer for running PCSX2, and there are some stages that will slow down if I use anything above 2x Native Internal Resolution. This game is just going to be hard to play on some systems
(05-20-2017, 09:12 PM)envisaged0ne Wrote: [ -> ]I have a decent computer for running PCSX2, and there are some stages that will slow down if I use anything above 2x Native Internal Resolution.  This game is just going to be hard to play on some systems

Yeah, i got a PAL version, so it's running 100% now, but would be cool to run it at 60 fps