..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Help with jak 2 renegade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all. How can i fix fps drop and slowmotion on level ? I use dx 11 hardware mode pcsx 1.5 on : i3 6100 3.7ghz , 8gb ddr4 hyperX fury, r7 250 win 8.1 64bit. I can run ratchet and clunk up your arsenal,jak precursors legacy tekken5 soul calibur at fullspeed with 2x native, but jak 2( and jak 3) have annoying fsp drops.. Any possible fix in hardware mode water and eyes? Software mode so slow . Thanks all for help

ps my english too bad? xd
"
i have the same issue with jak 2 but not jak 3 , ppl told me i must upgrade my cpu , and and thats all i got
Razial, your CPU has a STR of 1268. To be honest, that's pathetic, esp for Jak 2 which is pretty demanding. You should have a MINIMUM of 1600, and honestly, they recommend up to 2000 for the more demanding games. So not much people can do for you.

However, olosh123 has a STR of 2106, so we can work with that. As far as the graphic glitches go in hw mode, not much you can do for this game
(05-25-2017, 03:33 PM)envisaged0ne Wrote: [ -> ]Razial, your CPU has a STR of 1268.  To be honest, that's pathetic, esp for Jak 2 which is pretty demanding.  You should have a MINIMUM of 1600, and honestly, they recommend up to 2000 for the more demanding games.  So not much people can do for you.

If he can overclock his cpu to 3.8GHz or so, he should be able to hit around 1600.
(05-25-2017, 03:33 PM)envisaged0ne Wrote: [ -> ]Razial, your CPU has a STR of 1268.  To be honest, that's pathetic, esp for Jak 2 which is pretty demanding.  You should have a MINIMUM of 1600, and honestly, they recommend up to 2000 for the more demanding games. 
i can see you have no friends and you alone
(05-25-2017, 08:11 PM)dogen Wrote: [ -> ]If he can overclock his cpu to 3.8GHz or so, he should be able to hit around 1600.

thank you
(05-26-2017, 02:54 PM)Razial Wrote: [ -> ]i can see you have no friends and you alone

There's no need for insults thank you.
WHat is this STR?
It stands for Single Thread Rating. You can see a list of how different CPU's rank here...

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html
So i have not bad cpu for emulator?) Can i wait for some optimizations in a new versions of pcsx2? Performance drops most on city when i go to new area