..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: auto enable progressive scan in tekken 5?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi. i want tekken 5 to boot in progressive scan mode. i made a pnach with the elf search thing and the GS window says progressive mode, but in the game options progressive is not on, n it just looks like interlaced until i enable it in the options.
You have to do it manually every time. That's the game's normal behavior incase the user were to switch to a non-progressive compatible display.
yes. but what i need to know is if u can change the in-game option to progressive with a pnach. idk this stuff well enough to search 4 it in cheat engine. or mb if somethin needs to be changed in GSRenderer.cpp or another file from the source. when switching to progressive in-game it outputs "(UpdateVSyncRate) Mode Changed to SDTV 480p." in the console. mb u can do this manually some way, i really dont know. searched a lot, no help
(07-24-2017, 05:12 AM)nunbuhfore Wrote: [ -> ]but what i need to know is if u can change the in-game option to progressive with a pnach.

No, you can't.
(07-24-2017, 08:51 AM)Ryudo Wrote: [ -> ]No, you can't.

ok. now read the rest
Quote:idk this stuff well enough to search 4 it in cheat engine. or mb if somethin needs to be changed in GSRenderer.cpp or another file from the source. when switching to progressive in-game it outputs "(UpdateVSyncRate) Mode Changed to SDTV 480p." in the console. mb u can do this manually some way, i really dont know. searched a lot, no help
you can't either.
(07-24-2017, 06:21 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]you can't either.

k, because u cant do it? i know there are some advanced things to do here and ive had to recompile the emulator, but sadly i dont know much about these things
Quote:when switching to progressive in-game it outputs "(UpdateVSyncRate) Mode Changed to SDTV 480p." in the console. mb u can do this manually some way, i really dont know. searched a lot, no help

It should be feasible but it's certainly not trivial to implement it in the code base. Creating a game specific patch to modify the necessary instruction parameters might be an easier solution.
(07-24-2017, 06:27 PM)ssakash Wrote: [ -> ]It should be feasible but it's certainly not trivial to implement it in the code base. Creating a game specific patch to modify the necessary instruction parameters might be an easier solution.

YES, thats what im talking about. any idea how i could do this? i really tried. lol
BTW u are also the guy who fixed my progressive scan shaking, recompiled the emulator with ur changes in the code from github
moving it to the devs discussion since it's not related to using pnach
Pages: 1 2