..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: 60 FPS setting suggestion?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, i'd like to run Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks at 60 fps constantly if possible, the visual performance doesn't matters. My PC specs are:
APU A10 7850k (4.0 GHz) 4 cores black edition.
Radeon R7 200 series 2 GBs Graphic card 
8 GB DDR3 ram.
1 Terabyte hard disk.

Do i need to name anything else? thanks.
The 7850k is below the recommended processor power of 1600 (https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html) but only just (1,571) So no guarantees of 60fps all the time.

It's not listed as a high CPU demanding game (which is good). Have you tried it already... and if so how well did it run?

The best recommendations I can give without knowing the starting point for performance on our system would be:
1.) Download a 1.5 version of PCSX2 from https://pcsx2.net/download/development/git.html
2.) Make sure all power settings are set to high performance in windows and any management software (both CPU and GPU software if you use any)
3.) Try GSDX for OpenGL first at native resolution if you need extra performance try DirectX11 (in case it runs better... but OpenGL is more actively worked on so is usually the better choice)

Find out how this performs for you and with more info we can try some more tweeks.
Thank you, though i know its not for me, it really helps just one question: HW or Software? On video plugin. Mine sometimes end up with "your graphic driver stops but successfully recovered" warning. my is core 2 duo, it falls in the lowest recommended pc specs.Just asking if its normal or i have to tweak something?
(08-24-2017, 03:41 PM)Dudeakoni Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you, though i know its not for me, it really helps  just one question: HW or Software? On video plugin. Mine sometimes end up with "your graphic driver stops but successfully recovered" warning. my is core 2 duo, it falls in the lowest recommended pc specs.Just asking if its normal or i have to tweak something?

I would make a seperate thread and include the following
Computer specs (CPU (the full model), GPU, RAM, OS)
Also the version of PCSX2 you are using and the game you are trying to play if it only happens on a specific game
and a copy of the "emulog.txt" in the [emulator's folder]\logs (if you use a portable version) or in C:\Users\[User name]\Documents\PCSX2\logs (if you used the windows installer) you can also use the "my documents shortcut to make finding the folder faster (OS dependent).