..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Is OpenGL a no-go on AMD GPU's?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So my R9 Fury suck sin OpenGL, well it does in Tekken 4 at least, FPS drops to like 45 and runs in slow motion vs DX11 full speed.

Is it just better to use DX11 ?

Not tested any other games yet.
Yeah, AMDs support for OGL is absolute *****.
https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/wiki/Open...ed-to-know
(08-28-2017, 01:05 AM)CEE Wrote: [ -> ]Is it just better to use DX11 ?
Yup.
Yes, in my radeon 7600m, I have some games that are running in slow motion in OpenGL on Windows.
Use DX11 or DX9 wich have a better support for AMD card.The only issue with DX is it don't have a shader (I don't remember it's name) wich avoid some graphics issue (finding nemo,Beyond good and evil and other).
Give Linux a shot. The mesa drivers are much better optimized.
So i have been testing OpenGL SW mode.. and it runs flawlessly like DX11 HW mode...

Yet OpenGL HW mode runs like absolute bad vagina.

Uploading video so you guys can see.

GPU usage when i test OpenGL mode is artificially increased due to recording it with the GPU to free up CPU cycles.. using a ridiculous quality setting so it's crystal clear.
Ok, but why bother uploading a video? They've already told you that OpenGL is not going to run well on a AMD GPU, so what's the point of showing what we already know? There isn't any plans to work on trying to get OpenGL to work on AMD cards due to reasons previously listed. Until AMD works on better drivers on there end, nothing's going to change
(08-31-2017, 06:42 PM)envisaged0ne Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, but why bother uploading a video? They've already told you that OpenGL is not going to run well on a AMD GPU, so what's the point of showing what we already know? There isn't any plans to work on trying to get OpenGL to work on AMD cards due to reasons previously listed. Until AMD works on better drivers on there end, nothing's going to change

Well i'm going to Reddit with this too since i hang on there a lot on r/AMD
Quote:So i have been testing OpenGL SW mode.. and it runs flawlessly like DX11 HW mode...

SW mode utilizes the CPU. The gpu is very little utilized so that's why it runs good.
Pages: 1 2