..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: [Snake Eater/Subsistence] Codec problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Originally when in Codec, the screen is supposed to be behind a blurry sepia filter. But in PCSX2, Snake is rendered in full color with crisp graphics.

[Image: KbNnGFt.png]
Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
- / -
do you have another PS2 console ?
I'm afraid not.
That could be the problem, unfortunately. Let's wait for someone else to confirm this bug.
Understood
Known issue. It's fixed in the developer builds using the OpenGL renderer.

[Image: TXlZ56F.png]

If you don't have an NVIDIA card though, I would not recommend using the OGL renderer due to performance issues with AMD cards.
I do have an Nvidia GPU, a 1080 Ti. So I should go with OGL then?

Switched to OGL:
[Image: LCC3xVs.png]

I suppose I should use OGL for all my games then, when I have a GPU from Nvidia?
I noticed another problem in Snake Eater.
The graphics looks super weird and I know for sure that's not how it supposed to look like.

[Image: hbcmKUE.png]
[Image: PpbBXAr.png]

If you look closely, there some form of "ghosting" around pretty much everything except the HUD elements.
It's like both Stereoscopic and a crap ton of bloom was applied.
I've looked at the Snake Eater entry in the PCSX2 wiki and adjusted the settings accordingly.
Yet it looks like this.
Pages: 1 2