..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Ratchet and Clank 2 black screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, i always get a black screen when a specific video starts (still can hear audio). The video i'm talking about can be found at around 1:35:55 here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLV6HmD3...t=1h35m55s right after you disable the last sphere.

I'm running pcsx2 1.5.0 on an i5 3550 3.3 Ghz, RX 480 and 8 gigs of RAM.
I've also attached the error message I get after about 5-10 seconds the video starts.

Thanks in advance and sorry for bad english.

[attachment=63809]
Make sure you have "Automatic Gamefixes" enabed in the menu. Also, are you using any speedhacks?
That sure was a fast reply!
I'm currently using this configuration
[attachment=63810]

Speedhacks: 
[attachment=63811]

And yes, automatic game fixes is enabled.
Can you enable the EE timing hack in manual gamefixes and see if it fixes the issue? Also, can you post your emulog so that I can check your GameCRC?
I enabled the EE timing hack and the video played correctly and I now can continue to play this wonderful game. Do you suggest to keep this hack enabled or I can disable without any problem?
Yes, but I still need your GameCrC because this indicates that yours may be missing from the database. A picture of the console window or the emulog will be enough.
Here's the full emuLog.txt
[attachment=63812]

I hope that's what you meant
Yeah, that's fine and it turns out you're using a rather old 1.5.0 build. Your CRC is already in the database. 

Update to the latest git build here (extract and drdg it to your PCSX2 folder) http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2

After that you shouldn't need to set the hack manually, otherwise, post again here.
Just updated to the latest build (v1.5.0-dev-2205-gaf2278c3c) and the game seems to work fine without the EE timing hack. Just one thing, my previous savestates seems to have been corrupted. Not a huge deal because I always save my game using the memory card in case something goes wrong with my savestates (turns out that's a good idea). Still, I would like to know if there's a way to retrieve them or if they are lost forever.
Good to hear. There is about a 10 month gap between the two versions; so I believe there was some updates internally that required us to update the savestate version. That's why your savestates don't work anymore.
Pages: 1 2