..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets [SLES 51192] (E) artifacting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(09-13-2017, 07:52 PM)Kian Stevens Wrote: [ -> ]1)Game title: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
2)ELF name: SLES_511.92;1
3)Game CRC: 0xC5473413
4)Compatibility report:

PC Specs:
CPU: Intel i5 4460
GPU: nVidia GTX 1050 Ti

Build Description: 1.5.0-dev-2194 (7th September 2017 build)
BIOS Used: Europe v02.00

EE/VU Clamp modes: Normal/Normal
EE/VU Rounding: Chop/Chop
Using EE Recompiler and the microVU Recompiler

Speedhacks Used:
EE Cycle Rate: 0
VU Cycle Steal: 0
INTC, Wait Loop, mVU, MTVU are on.

Gamefixes Used:
Automatic gamefixes.

Amount of testing done (little/medium/much/completed-game):
Completed game

Comments:
The game works fine without speedhacks on, but you can have them on if your system struggles to hit max FPS.
Please remember to enable the Partial CRC hack, without it there are artefacts at the right hand side of the screen.
Fast mipmapping is recommended as it makes the game run better.

Bugs:
None after the patch.

Fully Playable
Patch tested on PAL, but NTSC-U reported to work with it too.
Unfortunately, just like asfiix, I'm also getting the artifacts on the right quarter/third of the screen, and I've copied everything you wrote within the post, including pcsx2 version and all. Is it possible you left a setting out somewhere? I have no idea what I'm doing, hence copying you word-for-word, but I've tried playing around with graphics options to see if there's any change, and I've noticed nothing at all.
I'm really hoping to be able to play Chamber of Secrets all the way through, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've copied all of the above settings but have artifacting on the right side of the screen. Game CRC, bios, pcsx2 version and settings are all the same.
Do you have the same game CRC as Kian Stevens? What seems to be the case is your game crc not being included in gsdx code.
(10-03-2017, 04:26 PM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have the same game CRC as Kian Stevens? What seems to be the case is your game crc not being included in gsdx code.

Yes, same CRC. Everything has been downloaded and copied to match the exact settings of Kian Stevens, including pcsx2 version.
Most probably you are using opengl with partial crc, you need to use d3d with partial crc.
(10-03-2017, 05:22 PM)prafull Wrote: [ -> ]Most probably you are using opengl with partial crc, you need to use d3d with partial crc.

Spot on! You beautiful person! Switched from OpenGL (hardware), which was on by default, to Direct3D 11 (hardware), reapplied the same settings and it worked like a charm! Magnificent!

What a speedy forum this is, I tip my imaginary hat to you all.
(10-03-2017, 05:22 PM)prafull Wrote: [ -> ]Most probably you are using opengl with partial crc, you need to use d3d with partial crc.

Can you tell me a bit more? Which render with what crc hack level works , I can add a pr that changes the crc hacks level for the game.
Comments:
The game works fine without speedhacks on, but you can have them on if your system struggles to hit max FPS.
Please remember to enable the Partial CRC hack, without it there are artefacts at the right hand side of the screen.
Fast mipmapping is recommended as it makes the game run better.

Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin

(10-03-2017, 08:44 PM)lightningterror Wrote: [ -> ]Can you tell me a bit more? Which render with what crc hack level works , I can add a pr that changes the crc hacks level for the game.

Partial CRC required for HW mode, but SW mode doesn't seem to need it.
(10-04-2017, 02:11 PM)Kian Stevens Wrote: [ -> ]Partial CRC required for HW mode, but SW mode doesn't seem to need it.

Partial for both Direct3D and OpenGL ?
What if you set crc hacks to full on Direct3D?
For me it didn't work with partial on OpenGL.
It only works with partial on Direct3D and does not work with full on Direct3D.

I've just tested it. Tongue
(10-04-2017, 05:28 PM)Jakob5566 Wrote: [ -> ]For me it didn't work with partial on OpenGL.
It only works with partial on Direct3D and does not work with full on Direct3D.

I've just tested it. Tongue

Can you upload a gs dump ? I'd like to do some tests.
Pages: 1 2