..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Input Lag with all games, unable to fix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, first time poster, hope I make everything understandable.

I've noticed a significant input delay from both my XBox One Controller as well as my keyboard, ranging from around 300-400ms. The games I have played thus far include Burnout 3 and Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2. Games outside of PCSX2 are unaffected. I've attempted a myriad of solutions, all of which have not solved the issue. These include:

Disabling VSync
Enabling Speedhacks such as EE Cycle Rate
Switching between OpenGL and DirectX 11 Hardware
Adjusting various settings in the GS Plugin
Switching Controller plugins
Toggle MTVU

I did notice that when I disable framelimiting, the response time is much closer to normal, though I do not know how to get this response time while at normal speed. Turbo at 200% also has this effect, though not quite as pronounced.

Any advice or help is greatly appreciated, who knows, this could be a really dumb solution lol.

System: Dell Precision M3800
CPU: Intel Core i7-4702HQ @ 2.2GHz
GPU: Nvidia Quadro k1100m 2GB
16GB RAM
Are there any games in particular that it happens with?
Try limiting your frame rate with RTSS. It's usually pretty low latency. Also limiting pre-rendered frames to 2(or 1 specifically for pcsx2) in the nvidia control panel will help, along with disabling desktop composition.
(10-07-2017, 07:08 PM)dogen Wrote: [ -> ]Try limiting your frame rate with RTSS. It's usually pretty low latency. Also limiting pre-rendered frames to 2(or 1 specifically for pcsx2) in the nvidia control panel will help, along with disabling desktop composition.

Am I correct that RTSS is a system-wide program? I have no input lag issues with my PC Games and my emulations on Dolphin. It has been strictly any PCSX2 game that I've played that seems to have this issue, so I do not see the benefit of adding another program to reduce my lag, though I may be mistaken about this product. I also adjusted the other settings as you stated, but to no avail.

(10-07-2017, 06:05 PM)pandubz Wrote: [ -> ]Are there any games in particular that it happens with?

Though I've only currently played 4 games on PCSX2 (KHI, KHII, Burnout 3, and THPS4), all of them seem to posess this degree of input lag, whereas my other games on my PC do not.
(10-08-2017, 09:43 AM)luigistheman Wrote: [ -> ]Am I correct that RTSS is a system-wide program? I have no input lag issues with my PC Games and my emulations on Dolphin. It has been strictly any PCSX2 game that I've played that seems to have this issue, so I do not see the benefit of adding another program to reduce my lag, though I may be mistaken about this product. I also adjusted the other settings as you stated, but to no avail.

It can apply to everything, or to any specific program you target with it.

Do you have vsync enabled in pcsx2 or in your graphics control panel?
(10-09-2017, 01:25 AM)dogen Wrote: [ -> ]It can apply to everything, or to any specific program you target with it.

Do you have vsync enabled in pcsx2 or in your graphics control panel?

Vsync is disabled in both my Intel panel and PCSX2. Also, there is no noticable slowdown in any of my games so I don't think it's a performance issue.
Intel? I thought you had an nvidia gpu.
(10-09-2017, 07:34 PM)dogen Wrote: [ -> ]Intel? I thought you had an nvidia gpu.

I have both Intel internal Graphics and an Nvidia GPU, both of which I disabled vsync. PCSX2 should be interacting with my GPU.
which version of pcsx2 do you have, the 1.4.0 installer version, or a git build version?
(10-18-2017, 11:54 PM)OldMoldSnorter Wrote: [ -> ]which version of pcsx2 do you have, the 1.4.0 installer version, or a git build version?