..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Time crisis 2: slow performance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Time crisis 2 is very slow even with speedhacks. EE and vu goes to 100% everytime.

The only cpu that can handle it is the i7 4770k (hardware only).Maybe, a look will be interesting.
What pcsx2 version are you using and what graphics card?

Try testing the game with this setting and turn OFF speedhacks.
[Image: Desktop_10_8_2017_11_33_19_AM_196.png]
I have test it with last 1.5 dev and 1.4.0 version (I will test more older), my graphics card is gtx 780ti with driver up to date. Your setings doesn't help to increase emulator speed.
What GS are you using in your plugins?? If it is SSE2, try testing with SSE4.
It's the sse4.1 version, the processor is the amd fx 8350 4.3 ghz.
A FX 8350 is going to cause speed issues on a lot of PS2 games emulated in PCSX2 since it's single core performance is under the recomended level for even non demanding titles

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html
FX 8350 -- 1,507

and PCSX2 recommends 1,600 for general titles and a score of 2,000+ for demanding titles.

If time crisis 2 is that demanding to run in PCSX2 that it requires a 2.254 score CPU 4770kvthen there are other CPUs that are other CPUs that can handle that, just not any of the FX line.

I have Time Crisis 2 but never bothered to convert it to an iso since the lightgun only works with CRT technology so it is on my lightgun capable TV with all of my other light gun games.
Yes but the 3rd have a lot better fps and the wiki page mentioned that it is a light game for PCSX2 so I have made the connection Smile.But anyway, if you think it's the CPU, let's close the topic.
Edit: and by the way, I don't have slowdown in a lot of CPU demanding titles Smile.