..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Low FPS Despite Adequate Spec
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello! I'm trying to emulate PS2 for old times sake which is why I am here in the first place. I've installed PCSX2 and followed the setup carefully but somehow the game lags which tops at 30-40% speed. I'm trying to play Gran Turismo 4 and Black but both unfortunately lag a lot. I've read almost anything I could find in the internet yet none has solved my problem. I've tried all combination of settings but it doesn't change anything which is weird because in *removed. Contains piracy link* the game runs smoothly.

My spec is:
i3-4150
GTX 750ti
8GB RAM
PCSX2 1.5

When I open task manager, it shows that PCSX2 only uses around 10% of CPU power and when playing, the top info bar shows that I'm using 100% EE and low GS. How should this be dealt?  Sad
Enable MTvu speedhack , check if your power plan is set to performance.
(10-10-2017, 03:56 PM)lightningterror Wrote: [ -> ]Enable MTvu speedhack , check if your power plan is set to performance.

Is MTvu the Multi-Thread microVU1? If so I've turned it on but am still stuck at 30% speed. I am using computer and my power setting is already set to high performance if that is what you mean.
What are your gsdx settings? You're not trying to do native x8 or something are you?
(10-10-2017, 03:52 PM)JasonH565 Wrote: [ -> ]the top info bar shows that I'm using 100% EE and low GS

I don't suppose you set the EE or IOP to Interpreter mode, or turned down the EE cyclerate to 50%?
(10-10-2017, 05:22 PM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]What are your gsdx settings? You're  not trying to do native x8 or something are you?

Adapter: GTX 750ti
Renderer: Direct3D 11 Hardware
Interlacing: Auto
Texture: Bilinear (PS2)

Allow 8-Bit Textures on
Native internal resolution
Basic (fast) mipmapping
Full (D3D Recommended) CRC Hack Level

(10-10-2017, 05:22 PM)pandubz Wrote: [ -> ]I don't suppose you set the EE or IOP to Interpreter mode, or turned down the EE cyclerate to 50%?

No, both are on compiler mode and EE cyclerate is set to normal/higher than normal but the result is the same.
Update: I have tried using another computer which has a better spec (i3 6500 1050 Ti) and it's very playable and I even achieved 200% speed (turbo) on 1600x900 resolution. I noticed that the CPU consumption reached about 25% so I guess the problem is with my CPU. Has anyone ever experienced this?
You should be getting around 30-70% EE. Which is what I'm getting.
Make sure MTGS is disabled (why do we still have a GUI for that option?) Tongue
(10-11-2017, 06:50 PM)lightningterror Wrote: [ -> ]You should be getting around 30-70% EE. Which is what I'm getting.
Yep I should have yet I don't  Sad
Watching other people playing games normally in YouTube is quite heartbreaking.

(10-11-2017, 08:07 PM)CK1 Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure MTGS is disabled (why do we still have a GUI for that option?) Tongue
It's disabled yet no change to the FPS.  Wacko
Pages: 1 2