..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Ratchet & Clank (Up your Arsenal) Shadows Glitch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
No idea why this vanished (didn't post it maybe, got removed accidentally?), but im making this again

Computer Specs in profile, using pcsx2 git version v1.5.0-dev-2207-g7a7844162, and using pcsx2 frontend pcsx2bonus to set custom settings to test config values (very last) stated at the pcsx2 wiki entry for this game. games is NTSC-U and is SCUS-97353, CRC is also as stated in the pcsx2 wiki

When I made it to the starship phoenix after the 2nd level with qwark, I noticed ALL the shadows of every npc plus my own (and enemies too) rendered slightly off the floor and just a but bigger (attachment follows); also, during the 2nd level, when you make it to the mini-arena with 2 bridges, my computer screen crashed and rebooted; possibly because of my settings, or some other issue, I don't know, but understandably not willing to replicate THAT in-case it makes new issues
Tried using OpenGL HW renderer? Heard that fixes these.
Yes need openGL. And potentially at least basic on blending unit, however it will impact the perf.
I believe I did, but comparing the openGL with the direct9 renderer, there was just a bit less slowdown with direct9 than there was with openGL (which slowed down MASSIVELY when I was in the phoenix spawn area)

also, not related to the shadows glitch, but it seems my fireshock/vigem stuff got 86'd somehow; reinstalled, hopefully it'll be fixed
(10-19-2017, 08:12 PM)OldMoldSnorter Wrote: [ -> ]I believe I did, but comparing the openGL with the direct9 renderer, there was just a bit less slowdown with direct9 than there was with openGL (which slowed down MASSIVELY when I was in the phoenix spawn area)

The OpenGL renderer is more accurate than DX9 or DX11, but this also makes it slower in some respects. Basically, while it can better emulate Ratchet and Clank shadows, this accuracy comes at the penalty of speed.

The slowdown in the Phoenix spawn strikes my interest though because I too have this slowdown, but it is a CPU bottleneck, not GPU (Note I play these games on DX and happily ignore shadow problems). In the window frame, is the EE or GS percentage nearly maxed out? If so, which one?
EE %: 58-66
GS %:34-40

sometimes spikes higher, sometimes doesn't; had that weird audio thing where my controller tried taking over my computer's audio stuff, happens everytime I use fireshock/vigem together during either first time install or repair install (only solution is to disable it in the playback and recording sounds area, and maybe in device manager also); seems like I have another glitch (trading one for the other, joy Glare ); this one is a lighting glitch, where the blue lighting of the phoenix spawn area renders outwards rather than staying in its own area
(10-19-2017, 08:31 PM)OldMoldSnorter Wrote: [ -> ]EE %: 58-66
GS %:34-40

sometimes spikes higher, sometimes doesn't; had that weird audio thing where my controller tried taking over my computer's audio stuff, happens everytime I use fireshock/vigem together during either first time install or repair install (only solution is to disable it in the playback and recording sounds area, and maybe in device manager also); seems like I have another glitch (trading one for the other, joy Glare ); this one is a lighting glitch, where the blue lighting of the phoenix spawn area renders outwards rather than staying in its own area

... Huh. Was expecting the EE to be floored. Pleasantly surprised. Do you have MTVU enabled? If so, VU usage?

And yeah the lighting distortion is another thing that it just sorta does and I don't have an explanation for that one.
making another reply, again (I think my posts are not registering with the forum for some reason)

that post I made about direct9 and opengl about the slowdown, yeah, im reversing it; openGL is faster than direct9 now; and yes, I have mtvu enabled, and the vu% is always at 0
and here I forgot I made a reply already.......now I really need to sleep
here's my actual progress report reply

so at this post, without changing any settings, I loaded up my game, and im at the aquatos level, just spawned in starting point, and I paused the game, and everything but my character's helmet and some artifacts in the background vanished, rest is blue skybox, so I pause the game, and everything just became the unholy lovechild of the sun and 80's rave parties, just look at the attachment to see why

EDIT: so I tried the OpenGL software renderer, and this issue doesn't happen; unless someone did mention it before, im surprised no one put this in the pcsx2 wiki on known issues
Pages: 1 2