..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: 7360U on 2017 Macbook Pro good enough for 1080p gaming?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi I'm planning on buying a 2017 macbook pro and running windows 10 on it through bootcamp for gaming purposes. The new macbook pros have a 7360U at the lowest spec. Will this be enough to run most ps2 games at 1080p? I'm not trying to do any serious gaming on this laptop but emulating PS2/GCN/WII and older games at 1080p. I have seen videos of this laptop running dolphin perfectly fine at 60fps at 1080p but I have seen nothing about ps2 emulation. Does anyone has a relatively new laptop cpu that works fine with pcsx2?

It has a clock speed of 2.3ghz and a turbo speed of 3.6ghz. It has an average score of 6080 and a single thread score of 2068.

Here is a link to the PassMark score:
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu...Hz&id=3036

Thank you very much!
The Skylake and Kaby Lake architectures both (seem to) have the same IPC. Higher than my Haswell, but I don't know the exact numbers. The other half of the battle is clock speed. Slightly lower than mine (signature), and based on how laptops heat up a lot quicker than desktops, that turbo boost isn't going to kick in under load (at least, I've never seen my 3.5 GHz turbo boost except when idling), so you'll (probably) see that 2.3 a lot more than 3.6. My CPU can handle lighter games mostly without issue, but when you start talking Gran Turismo 4, larger courses start causing slowdowns, and for the Ratchet and Clank series (known to be among the most demanding titles for the emulator) I have to really ride the speed hacks or things get slow. Even with them there's rough patches when a lot goes down. Oh, and GPU. If that thing doesn't have a good GPU that's a L right there. AMD seems to be on everyone's **** list right now because their drivers have had pretty bad OpenGL support, so be weary of that.

TL;DR - Probably will handle games better than a laptop CPU like mine but skeptical of how large an improvement. And don't forget GPU matters too. Avoid AMD if you really care about PCSX2 running well.