..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Low CPU load despite low fps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I'm trying to emulate Ratchet & Clank 2 (from ISO) and it runs pretty well but I get slowdowns down to 50% in certain areas and it's very annoying. I checked Open Hardware Monitor to see what was bottlenecking but it seems that all my CPU core loads stay below 40%. I was wondering if this was due to a limitation in the software or maybe I don't have my settings right or maybe my pc just isn't good enough.

CPU: i7-3770k
GPU: 1060 6GB
Memory: 8GB DDR3 @ 1333MHz

I am using Direct3D 11 (Hardware) on PCSX2 v1.5.0 and the fps problem is not affected by the internal resolution.
make sure you have GSDX set to OpenGL and the Mipmap setting set to "Basic", that should alleviate most of the performance problems Smile

Oh and make sure the MTVU speedhack is enabled
(10-29-2017, 04:36 PM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]make sure you have GSDX set to OpenGL and the Mipmap setting set to "Basic", that should alleviate most of the performance problems Smile

Oh and make sure the MTVU speedhack is enabled

This seems to have improved the performance a lot, thanks Smile
It still feels a bit laggy but I think that's just due to me being used to 144hz cs:go action