..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Memory Card Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. Today I was testing out a new game and I haven't touched my PCSX2 in months. I remember everything working perfectly fine a couple months ago. When I tried to start another game that I had save files on, it couldn't find any saves. According to the emulator my memory cards are not formatted. But I haven't touched them in at all. I guess the only thing I've done is back up my files about a month ago but longer before that I backed up my memory cards (because I was reformatting my computer) and was able to use them just fine after restoring those memory cards. 

I still have backups of the memory cards from when I backed them up about a month ago.

I haven't changed anything related to my hardware in the past year or so, neither have my emulation settings changed. I'm running 1.4.0.

Please help, I have hundreds of hours on those memory cards and I would prefer not to lose them.
(11-10-2017, 07:50 AM)FiestaJose Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. Today I was testing out a new game and I haven't touched my PCSX2 in months. I remember everything working perfectly fine a couple months ago. When I tried to start another game that I had save files on, it couldn't find any saves. According to the emulator my memory cards are not formatted. But I haven't touched them in at all. I guess the only thing I've done is back up my files about a month ago but longer before that I backed up my memory cards (because I was reformatting my computer) and was able to use them just fine after restoring those memory cards. 

I still have backups of the memory cards from when I backed them up about a month ago.

I haven't changed anything related to my hardware in the past year or so, neither have my emulation settings changed. I'm running 1.4.0.

Please help, I have hundreds of hours on those memory cards and I would prefer not to lose them.

Are there any .bak or similar files in your memcard folder? (or any similar added extension)
If so, try removing the .bak extension and see if your saves are present.