..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: cdvd error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
when i click run>cd/dvd it says ( error) " cannot read memory card 1~mscd001.ps2 " i click ok, then it says ( error ) casnnot read memory card 2 mscd001.ps2 " i lcik ok then it says "canot open cdvd plugin " i click ok, then nothing happenAngry
When you open your pcsx2 folder, in the folder memcards, do you have 2 files in there (Mcd001 / Mcd002.ps2)? If not, you'll have to format them by going into the bios of the emulator (Run -> Execute, but the DVD plugin must be Null), and there you'll find the mem cards, and the emu will ask you to format the cards, thus creating those 2 files in that folder...
run pcsx2 as admin Smile
well, i did, but it errored wanting me to update my direct x, so i did that, my card is not dx10 compatible, so i am using directx9, now it errors, saying " _cdvdOpenNVM: ERROR creating bios\scph39001.nvm " in the prompt window it says " cannot find nvm file, making blank file " then that error comes up.
BTW: i am the administrator
well i mean run as admin by right click->Run As Administrator Smile
I have the same problem but can't seem to type any commands in the psxs2 bios.

Can someone give this dumbass (me) some step by step help, how to get in what to type, etc... ?

If so, thanks in advance!
did you try my post above?
Well I can't seem to type anything in the dos screen, the pcsx's dos screen and there are no mem files/folders in the bios folder. Maybe I'm doing something very, very wrong, which is why I asked for a step by step guide. Imagine I'm a complete imbecile, a charming one worthy of help, and that your life depends on me getting the mem card problem fixed.

Oh, and thanks for a response!
I gotta say,to me it seems,like you're missing a PS2 BIOS,WHICH IS,ILLEGAL EXCEPT IF IT IS BACKUPED FROM YOUR OWN PS2...But,google the problem a bit,I'm sure you'll find the answer to that...Wink

For the memcards and the cddvd..

For memcards

Run emulator -> Config -> Memcards and enable the first and the second memcard....If that is done and still doesn't work,download pcsx2 0.9.6 and it should be ok..

For CDDVD

You need a plugin,and it comes with pcsx2 0.9.6 and you don't have to worry...

If you need to,google the cddvd - iso plugins,those are .DLL (Dynamic Link Libraries) files,and you should copy them to the PCSX2->Plugins folder...

I forgot - Bios goes to PCSX2->Bios folder (By the rules and laws,you can only use your own dumped bios version,dumped from your ps2,but google it..Wink

Hope I helped..
I had the same problem. I solved the problem by changing the memcard directory to the root.

instead of using "C:\Program Files\Pcsx2beta1474\memcards"

I simply set them as "memcards"
Pages: 1 2