..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Game keeps slowing down randomly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When i am playing games will tipically play as they should for the most part, but the games will randomly slow down for short burst every now and again. What can i do to fix this?
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU- Intel core i5-3570k
graphics card- MSI R7 370
ram- 24 GB
Windows 10
pcsx2 version- 1.4.0
all setting are default except I changed slow motion adjust in GS to 50% and frame limiting is not checked, I cant recall is is is checked or not by default so I thought I would include it just in case
It happens to basically all the games I play on the emulator recently it has been on battlefront 2. In Battlefront 2 it typically only happens on certain maps such as if I play on Hoth I will have the problem more often. When playing a game such as tony hawk underground it just happens randomly for no apparent reason.
Download the latest Dev build here http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2

Make sure your renderer is set to DX11.
(11-30-2017, 12:37 AM)CK1 Wrote: [ -> ]Download the latest Dev build here http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2

Make sure your renderer is set to DX11.

Tried the new version, but it didn't fix the problem. I don't know how to check if my renderer is set to DX11 though.
(11-30-2017, 06:42 AM)Raspberrytea Wrote: [ -> ]Tried the new version, but it didn't fix the problem. I don't know how to check if my renderer is set to DX11 though.

Go into configure video video plugin renderer
The only question you didn't answer which could be important, are you playing from the original discs or ISO's?
Secondly, is your 3570k overclocked at all?
What do the EE, GS and VU percentages say at the top of the GS window when it slows down?
Renderer is set to Direct3D (Hardware)

My cpu is not overclocked

EE is around 95-100
GS around 40-50ish
and i dont see a VU percentage anywhere
(11-30-2017, 09:40 PM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]The only question you didn't answer which could be important, are you playing from the original discs or ISO's?

Also I would consider overclocking your CPU, the extra performance really helps. Why else would you buy a K series CPU? Tongue
(12-01-2017, 01:07 AM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]Also I would consider overclocking your CPU, the extra performance really helps. Why else would you buy a K series CPU? Tongue

Yeah, never had a reason i really needed to, but probably should

Forgot to answer this, but i am using ISO