..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Tales of the Abyss Ghosting + Cheats Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello! I tried to be diligent and research as much as I could before posting, but this is my first time emulating at all, and I'm a little stumped.

I found this info on ghosting in ToA, but I'm not sure how to implement the fix. I'm supposed to replace my GSdx plugin with one of the listed links, I guess, but how do I know whether to use the SSE2, SSE3, SSE4, or AVX2 one? My google attempts are kinda just confusing me more.

As for cheats, I copied the cheats I found here and put them in the cheats folder (thanks Ryudo for all the work you did lol), but they don't seem to load. The cheats aren't disabled and the CRC is the same, so I'm at a bit of a loss as to what I tried next. Can anyone offer insight? Thanks!
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
(12-08-2017, 06:23 PM)CK1 Wrote: [ -> ]In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

Sure.

CPU - Intel Core i7 4700mq
GPU - GeForce GT 750m SLI
OS - Windows 10
Memory - 8gb

I don't have any "non default settings" enabled, and I'm trying to play Tales of the Abyss from ISO.
pcsx2 version ?
(12-08-2017, 10:23 PM)lightningterror Wrote: [ -> ]pcsx2 version ?

Oh, sorry. PCSX2 1.4.0
That CPU has AVX2 support. So fetch that version.

Here's what you need to do:
  • When you have the plugin downloaded, place it in your plugin folder.
  • In PCSX2, go to Config > Plugin/BIOS Selector
  • Choose the 'ToTA GSdx32 (05052015) AVX2' plugin for GS and then press 'Apply'.
  • Still in the same screen, click the 'Configure' button next to the GS plugin.
  • Make sure scaling is set to Native x-something. (Any multiplier works, just no custom resolution)
  • Enable HW Hacks > Configure > Select 'ToA Ghost Fix'
  • Apply everything, and it should now work.
(12-09-2017, 01:38 AM)Ryudo Wrote: [ -> ]That CPU has AVX2 support. So fetch that version.

Here's what you need to do:
  • When you have the plugin downloaded, place it in your plugin folder.
  • In PCSX2, go to Config > Plugin/BIOS Selector
  • Choose the 'ToTA GSdx32 (05052015) AVX2' plugin for GS and then press 'Apply'.
  • Still in the same screen, click the 'Configure' button next to the GS plugin.
  • Make sure scaling is set to Native x-something. (Any multiplier works, just no custom resolution)
  • Enable HW Hacks > Configure > Select 'ToA Ghost Fix'
  • Apply everything, and it should now work.

Did as you said, and it all worked perfectly! Thanks!

It's not as important, but do you have any advice on getting the cheats to work?
I figured out the cheats thing on my own. If a mod would like to close this, feel free to! Thanks!