..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: FFX (again)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I've been trying to get FFX (pal english version) to run on my pc using pcsx2 0.9.6. I'm trying to use the GSDX 890 0.1.14 SSSE3 Plug-in (for the internal resolution feature, zerogs on a 19" is not easy on the eyes), but I get some bug I haven't seen described here. (prolly somebody reported it already, but after 2 hours+ of searching I've found nothing). In the very beginning cinematic (open fire scene) some textures are missing that do show up using the zerogs plug-in. I've tried pretty much everything I can think of or find online, but nothing seems to help. I'm not really encountering any speed problems as of yet, pretty much stable at 50 fps.

Screenie:
http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/8003/ffxopening.jpg

I am using the following config:
Intel core 2 quad q6600 @2.4
Nvidia geforce 8600gt 256mb, forceware 181.0
3 gig ddr2
Vista 32

Pcsx2:
-GSDX 890 0.1.14 SSSE3 (various settings, dx9 and 10; only the nloop fix or software renders seem to make any diffrence with ffx, all other setting combos pretty much work at full speed, no diffrence with sse2 version)
-Sound plug in: all seem to work, no noticable diffrence
-dvd plug in: idem
-no Speed hacks used (make nearly no diffrence)
-CPU: defaults (all boxes checked runs best)

Any help would be greatly appreceated.
Thanks in advance,
Mfara
Get the latest gsdx plug in , update your forceware

using the latest gsdx SSE2 dx10 with a 1440x900 res , spu-x , linuz plug in , no speed hacks , fps limited to 60 i dont get those problems using a gtx260 at least
don't get them on an 8400 either
FFx works for me. My config is this:
GSdx 0.1.9 SSE2 - windowed, Direct3D9 hardware render, texture filtering on

I don't believe sound, pads and cd-dvd plugins make any difference.

Cpu - everything checked, frame limit on normal.

I never experienced any problems in game and i have 60+ hours of playing.
Updating my forceware driver fixed the problem, it now works like a charm (and looks ill for a 2001 game, looking forward to nr XIII). My old forceware apparently was an omega driver, prolly had some built-in tweaks that caused the problem.

Thanks for the advice,
Mfara