..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Cdvd error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ever since comment number 0a4ff90 I have been having an issue with the Cdvd plugin. I mount my ripped iso's to daemons tools because they run better in pcsx2. but ever since that comment I have been getting near nonstop Iso file system errors. I don't know what to do to fix it, Having the discs in a physical drive is not ideal as the only reader I have is a usb disc drive and theres no place to put it that its easily accessible, Are my only options to use an old Cdvd plugin or is there something I'm doing wrong in daemon tools settings? Or is the "select iso" option better then using Cdvd in general at this point.
Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.
PCSX2 1.5.0-20171228111123 - compiled on Dec 28 2017
Savestate version: 0x9a0d0000

Host Machine Init:
Operating System = Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (build 16299), 64-bit
Physical RAM = 16356 MB
CPU name = AMD FX™-8350 Eight-Core Processor
Vendor/Model = AuthenticAMD (stepping 00)
CPU speed = 4.499 ghz (8 logical threads)
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = 178bfbff 3e98320b
x86EFlags = 2fd3fbff

x86 Features Detected:
SSE2.. SSE3.. SSSE3.. SSE4.1.. SSE4.2.. AVX.. FMA
SSE4a

Reserving memory for recompilers...

Loading plugins from C:\Games\Desktop backup\Desktop Game Shortcuts\Games\Pcsx2\plugins...
Bound GS: GSdx32-SSE4.dll [GSdx 20171228111123 (MSVC 19.00 SSE4.1/AVX) 1.1.0]
Bound PAD: LilyPad-Scp-r5875.dll [LilyPad svn (r5875) 0.11.0]
Bound SPU2: Spu2-X.dll [SPU2-X 20171228111123 2.0.0]
Bound CDVD: cdvdGigaherz.dll [cdvdGigaherz 20171228111123 0.11.0]
Bound USB: USBnull.dll [USBnull Driver 20171228111123 0.7.0]
Bound FW: FWnull.dll [FWnull Driver 20171228111123 0.7.0]
Bound DEV9: DEV9null.dll [DEV9null Driver 20171228111123 0.5.0]
Plugins loaded successfully.

(GameDB) 9714 games on record (loaded in 194ms)
HLE Notice: ELF does not have a path.

Initializing plugins...
Init GS
Init PAD
Init SPU2
Init CDVD
Init USB
Init FW
Init DEV9
Plugins initialized successfully.

Patches: No CRC found, using 00000000 instead.
Opening plugins...
Opening GS
Opening PAD
Opening SPU2
Opening CDVD
* CDVD: Opening drive 'E:\'...
* CDVD: setSpindleSpeed success (3600KB/s)
* CDVD: IO thread started...
* CDVD: KeepAlive thread started...
* CDVD: SPTI short transfer of 0 bytesTrack 1 start sector: 0
* CDVD: Disk Type: CD-ROM
* CDVD Disk Open: DVD, Single layer or unknown:
* * Track 1: Data (Mode 1) (2115104 sectors)
* CDVD: SPTI short transfer of 0 bytes * CDVD: SPTI short transfer of 0 bytes * CDVD: SPTI short transfer of 0 bytes * CDVD: SPTI short transfer of 0 bytes * CDVD: SPTI short transfer of 0 bytes * CDVD: SPTI short transfer of 0 bytes * CDVD: SPTI short transfer of 0 bytes * CDVD: SPTI short transfer of 0 bytes * CDVD: SPTI short transfer of 0 bytes * CDVD: SPTI short transfer of 0 bytes * CDVD: SPTI short transfer of 0 bytes * CDVD: SPTI short transfer of 0 bytes * CDVD: SPTI short transfer of 0 bytes * CDVD: SPTI short transfer of 0 bytes * CDVD: SPTI short transfer of 0 bytes * CDVD: SPTI short transfer of 0 bytes(IsoFS) Invalid partition descriptor encountered at block 0x10: ''
Closing plugins...
Closing SPU2
Closing PAD
Closing GS
3.x GL context successfully created
OpenGL information. GPU: GeForce GTX 1060 3GB/PCIe/SSE2. Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation. Driver: NVIDIA 388.71
INFO: GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic is available
INFO: GL_ARB_gpu_shader5 is available
INFO: GL_ARB_viewport_array is available
INFO: GL_ARB_shader_image_load_store is available
INFO: GL_ARB_clear_texture is available
INFO: GL_ARB_direct_state_access is available
INFO: GL_ARB_texture_barrier is available
INFO: GL_ARB_get_texture_sub_image is available

Current Renderer: OpenGL (Hardware renderer)
Available VRAM/RAM:3840MB for textures
GSdx Lookup CRC:0
Delete 0 Shaders, 34 Programs, 28 Pipelines
Plugins closed successfully.
Shutting down plugins...
Plugins shutdown successfully.
File not found.
Path: IsoFileSystem
(pxActionEvent) IsoFS could not find the root directory on the ISO image.(thread:EE Core)
(GameDB) Unloading...
There's no point in mounting your ripped ISOs to Daemon Tools, they can be read internally from PCSX2.

In the CDVD menu, select ISO and then find your game in explorer.
Its through daemon tools. I have a usb disc drive. so I ripped all my isos. And all of them do this with the plugin on cdvd after the comment i mentioned. If I use the cdvd plugin from the comment before it works perfectly fine. So it has nothing to do with my discs =/

Edit: And Keeping my usb drive connected is not ideal as I don't have enough usb 3.0 ports for all my things i need connected.
Okay. The issue I run into there is. They tend to run slower in when I select the iso directly. But if theres no other option then I will have to. Do the changes in Cdvd effect The internal ISO selector?
No, they don't. The internal ISO reader only plays the file you select, it won't interface with your USB CDVD drive.
Kay thanks for your help.