..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: for those who are interested in cpu overclocking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
what laptops allow for stable overclocking?
(12-30-2017, 05:06 AM)scythefwd Wrote: [ -> ]what laptops allow for stable overclocking?

In reality (like with a desktop) only laptops with good cooling and power delivery allow for stable overclocking that won't damage (as long as you keep the overclock in a reasonable voltage range) the system.  (unlike a desktop) The only laptops with good cooling and power delivery systems that I have generally seen are high priced since cooling and power systems are one of the first thing manufacturers cheap out on since it is not as sexy as high numbers and inflated usless specs.
(12-30-2017, 06:05 PM)TkSilver Wrote: [ -> ]In reality (like with a desktop) only laptops with good cooling and power delivery allow for stable overclocking that won't damage (as long as you keep the overclock in a reasonable voltage range) the system.  (unlike a desktop) The only laptops with good cooling and power delivery systems that I have generally seen are high priced since cooling and power systems are one of the first thing manufacturers cheap out on since it is not as sexy as high numbers and inflated usless specs.
exactly....i won't anything more Cool
My point, was that very very few laptops come with procs with unlocked multipliers.. fsb over clicks are almost always unstable...

Even laptops with good cooling are mediocre for oc.. but I've honestly never seen one that actually had a bios that would support oc at all.
Pages: 1 2 3