..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Yes, you can speed up your toaster
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
omg. the kids are argueing about sarcasm? just take it. you should never be or take anything seriously on the net.

ontopic. all of this op is common knowledge. freeing harddrive space isn't really a performance thing tho. windows graphics enhancement is something not so obvious, but effective. you gotta remove desktop management and overlay mechanics. seethru always computes stuff. the taskmanager definetely is your friend when cleaning up and getting performance. freeing up ram and cpu time most of all enhances speed. ofc removing services and applications is the key. some windows functions are a tad hard to remove. i had a raw fist fight with cortana. windows update is now disabled. a failing service too. it just downloads more crap that computes additional stuff, nothing less. these days the compatibility telemetry system is scratching on my hdd. system is like scratching on it's head. they got nothing to serve. pointless. i gotta snipe the scratch manually. just the defender runs some bits sometimes. a valid service tho.
Quoting few parts from the guide,

Quote:press windows key+run to open a small window called "run"

I guess you meant "Windows key + R"?

Quote:(in the pcsx2 side this guide can boost it up to 10 frames, it doesn't sound like much but for toasters it makes a difference)

10 frames huh, I wonder how you came up with that number.

Quote:this is a program mad by the very well-known company called "Razer",

Not sure if "mad" is intentional here or not.

Quote:Its a great utility that helps cleaning all the cashe

Cashe?

Overall, the title of this guide is misleading, it doesn't necessarily increase/amplify the performance of the machine. This method reduces the workload on the machine by removing background processes which are not relevant to the current executable which in turn makes more of the hardware resources to be prioritized for the main executable (Which I presume is PCSX2 in this case)

So if the end user doesn't have any useless background process/files which hog unnecessary resources from the hardware, your guide won't make any difference. Might be useful to highlight that part in the guide.
(12-31-2017, 05:26 PM)ssakash Wrote: [ -> ]Quoting few parts from the guide,

I guess you meant "Windows key + R"?

10 frames huh, I wonder how you came up with that number.

Not sure if "mad" is intentional here or not.

Cashe?

Overall, the title of this guide is misleading, it doesn't necessarily increase/amplify the performance of the machine. This method reduces the workload on the machine by removing background processes which are not relevant to the current executable which in turn makes more of the hardware resources to be prioritized for the main executable (Which I presume is PCSX2 in this case)

So if the end user doesn't have any useless background process/files which hog unnecessary resources from the hardware, your guide won't make any difference. Might be useful to highlight that part in the guide.
thanks for correcting my mistakes i appreciate that, but that number i did not come up with cz this is what happened to me, all these steps i did on my laptop and everything is based on my experience, not from Mars Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3 4