..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: recomended settings for my computer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
here are my specs 
gtx 1050 
amd athlon x4 870k quad core processer 
16 gigs of ram
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
(12-31-2017, 11:10 PM)ultamatekenny9 Wrote: [ -> ]here are my specs 
gtx 1050 
amd athlon x4 870k quad core processer 
16 gigs of ram
There aren't really any settings for PCs when it comes to PCSX2 apart from the resolution. Looking at your specs I'd say 2x native on most games, maybe even 3x native at a push but this could give slowdowns. The good majority of games will run fine in native though. Obviously enable speedhacks if you do encounter slowdowns.

I say this based on the fact I have the 1050 Ti and you have the 1050, and I have a processor that's a bit stronger than yours but not by a lot (I'm basing that off of benchmark websites). I can run most games at 3x native and sometimes at 4x native, so reducing these by a factor of 1 for your specs seems sensible.
Keep in mind your CPU has STR of 1570. The MINIMUM they recommend is 1600. Over 2000 for more demanding games. So even with native resolution & speed hacks, you may not get great performance on some of your games. Thus, as jesalvein posted, it helps to know the info he was requesting.
some cases some of my games i use x4 native to to appear like a 4K reso....
MGS3 and RE4 has too blurish enviorments so i use default native resolution instead...
and don't expect the decent framerate on that CPU except the ram and 1050ti