..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: build failing for 1.4.0 on gentoo linux
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm attempting to build and install pcsx2 version 1.4.0 through portage on gentoo, but the build fails with the error:
Code:
In file included from /usr/local/include/glibconfig.h:9:0,
                from /usr/include/glib-2.0/glib/gtypes.h:32,
                from /usr/include/glib-2.0/glib/galloca.h:32,
                from /usr/include/glib-2.0/glib.h:30,
                from /usr/include/glib-2.0/gobject/gbinding.h:28,
                from /usr/include/glib-2.0/glib-object.h:23,
                from /usr/include/glib-2.0/gio/gioenums.h:28,
                from /usr/include/glib-2.0/gio/giotypes.h:28,
                from /usr/include/glib-2.0/gio/gio.h:26,
                from /usr/include/gtk-2.0/gdk/gdkapplaunchcontext.h:30,
                from /usr/include/gtk-2.0/gdk/gdk.h:32,
                from /usr/include/gtk-2.0/gtk/gtk.h:32,
                from /var/tmp/portage/games-emulation/pcsx2-1.4.0/work/pcsx2-1.4.0/common/include/PS2Eext.h:30,
                from /var/tmp/portage/games-emulation/pcsx2-1.4.0/work/pcsx2-1.4.0/plugins/CDVDnull/CDVD.h:26,
                from /var/tmp/portage/games-emulation/pcsx2-1.4.0/work/pcsx2-1.4.0/plugins/CDVDnull/CDVD.cpp:18:
/usr/include/glib-2.0/glib/gtypes.h: In function ‘gboolean _GLIB_CHECKED_ADD_U64(guint64*, guint64, guint64)’:
/usr/include/glib-2.0/glib/gtypes.h:423:3: error: size of array ‘_GStaticAssertCompileTimeAssertion_0’ is negative
  G_STATIC_ASSERT(sizeof (unsigned long long) == sizeof (guint64));

If more information is required to help suss out the problem, I would be happy to post it. Thank you in advance to any who can help, I'm excited to get this working and play some games!
My guess is that you have some 64 bits include files for glib whereas you need 32 bits compatible include files.