..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets - can't boot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(09-13-2017, 07:52 PM)Kian Stevens Wrote: [ -> ]1)Game title: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
2)ELF name: SLES_511.92;1
3)Game CRC: 0xC5473413
4)Compatibility report:

PC Specs:
CPU: Intel i5 4460
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti

Build Description: 1.5.0-dev-2194 (7th September 2017 build)
BIOS Used: Europe v02.00

EE/VU Clamp modes: Normal/Normal
EE/VU Rounding: Chop/Chop
Using EE Recompiler and the microVU Recompiler

Speedhacks Used:
EE Cycle Rate: 0
VU Cycle Steal: 0
INTC, Wait Loop, mVU, MTVU are on.

Gamefixes Used:
Automatic gamefixes.

Amount of testing done (little/medium/much/completed-game):
Completed game

Comments:
The game works fine without speedhacks on, but you can have them on if your system struggles to hit max FPS.
Please remember to enable the Partial CRC hack, without it there are artefacts at the right hand side of the screen.
Fast mipmapping is recommended as it makes the game run better.

Bugs:
None after the patch.

Fully Playable
Patch tested on PAL, but NTSC-U reported to work with it too.

Hi.
I'm using your patch and settings to play this game on build 1.5.0 dev 2242 with GSdx 20171228111123 (MSVC 19.00 SEE4.1/AVX) 1.1.0 [GSdx32-SSE4] at DX11HW but the CRC Hack Level doesn't do anything, the right glitch is consistent. 

CPU: i7-3930k [stock speed]
GPU: GTX 1070 

Any idea? Thanks!
(01-03-2018, 10:28 PM)Intervención Wrote: [ -> ]Hi.
I'm using your patch and settings to play this game on build 1.5.0 dev 2242 with GSdx 20171228111123 (MSVC 19.00 SEE4.1/AVX) 1.1.0 [GSdx32-SSE4] at DX11HW but the CRC Hack Level doesn't do anything, the right glitch is consistent. 

CPU: i7-3930k [stock speed]
GPU: GTX 1070 

Any idea? Thanks!

Download the latest dev build and then enable the 'Framebuffer Conversion' hardware hack in the GSDx settings. Changing the CRC hack isn't needed anymore.
(01-03-2018, 10:32 PM)Kian Stevens Wrote: [ -> ]Download the latest dev build and then enable the 'Framebuffer Conversion' hardware hack in the GSDx settings. Changing the CRC hack isn't needed anymore.

I already have the latest dev build.

Using Framebuffer Conversion makes my game to lag like crazy.
(01-03-2018, 10:49 PM)Intervención Wrote: [ -> ]I already have the latest dev build.

Using Framebuffer Conversion makes my game to lag like crazy.

What renderer are you using? If you're using OGL, switch to DX11. Enable automatic gamefixes and you can always enable speedhacks (the ones underneath the sliders) to give a boost. Use the sliders as a last resort. Also, if you switched to the Partial CRC hack, switch back to Full.

The framebuffer conversion hack does have a performance hit.
(01-03-2018, 10:52 PM)Kian Stevens Wrote: [ -> ]What renderer are you using? If you're using OGL, switch to DX11. Enable automatic gamefixes and you can always enable speedhacks (the ones underneath the sliders) to give a boost. Use the sliders as a last resort.

The framebuffer conversion hack does have a performance hit.

DX11 Hardware. Gamefixes are on auto, all the speedhacks are enabled (INTC, Wait Loop, mVU and MTVU as said in your post).

Nor my CPU, GPU or Storage Drive hits 100% load whilst using the emulator.

Even with the sliders at Level 3 game lags.
(01-03-2018, 11:00 PM)Intervención Wrote: [ -> ]DX11 Hardware. Gamefixes are on auto, all the speedhacks are enabled (INTC, Wait Loop, mVU and MTVU as said in your post).

Nor my CPU, GPU or Storage Drive hits 100% load whilst using the emulator.

Even with the sliders at Level 3 game lags.

What speeds are you getting with EE cyclerate and VU steal set to 0?
If you didn't read my edited post:
Make sure the CRC Hack level is set to Full. I've just tried the game with both Full and Partial CRC Hack levels (with Framebuffer Conversion enabled) and the game does lag on the Partial CRC Hack level.

EDIT: (Apart from this... Play at a lower resolution if the game lags for you Tongue)
(01-03-2018, 11:03 PM)Kian Stevens Wrote: [ -> ]What speeds are you getting with EE cyclerate and VU steal set to 0?

With Framebuffer Conversion: Very unstable, between 1 and 30 FPS. Even the Audio Lags at this.
Without Framebuffer Conversion: Stable 50FPS
(01-03-2018, 11:10 PM)Intervención Wrote: [ -> ]With Framebuffer Conversion: Very unstable, between 1 and 30 FPS. Even the Audio Lags at this.

Read my most recent comment.
(01-03-2018, 11:10 PM)Intervención Wrote: [ -> ]With Framebuffer Conversion: Very unstable, between 1 and 30 FPS. Even the Audio Lags at this.

Scrap that... Just gone into the barn where you Flipendo the gnomes and my FPS went to 85%.
The only thing I can recommend is to play at a lower resolution. Don't forget that this game is pretty badly optimised for PCSX2 atm.
Pages: 1 2