..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PS2 Tech Demo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The IOP interpreter isn't usually one to bog down performance, try using GSdx SW and HW/ disable blending ect.

You could try switching back to the IOP Rec after booting, but it may throw a TLB Miss.
Oh cool, somebody noticed my wiki-post. I was the one testing it a couple of months back. I also wrote about it in the reddit-thread where developers were calling for help with updating the wiki. I thought, as this seemed like a complex tech-demo, that it could help developers achieve higher accuracy with the emulator since the demo might showcase some quirks of the PS2 hard to pinpoint in games.
Yeah saw your wiki post after trying the find my own way tech demo, thought nobody wouldve tested it and actually reported it but there it was and quit recently aswell Tongue

Anyway i have found the problem with the log, its not performance related i think. Here is a fraction of the log:

(EE pc:00107AB0) TLB Miss, addr=0x70004b70 [load]
(EE pc:001079A4) TLB Miss, addr=0x70004b80 [store]
(EE pc:001079A4) TLB Miss, addr=0x70004b90 [store]
(EE pc:00107AB0) TLB Miss, addr=0x70004b80 [load]
(EE pc:00107AB0) TLB Miss, addr=0x70004b90 [load]
(EE pc:001079A4) TLB Miss, addr=0x70004ba0 [store]
(EE pc:001079A4) TLB Miss, addr=0x70004bb0 [store]

Find my own way demo starts to play, but seems to be 1fps or something with only showing half the demo, same for the song/sound.
It just 'spams' this the whole time, only that nothing else. I assume its not a performance porblem? Or is it cause of high fillrate between GS and VRAM? Anyhow maybe the devs see something in this. Have tried with the real disc aswell as with a copy, hardware mode, software mode, speedhacks on/off, no difference, same errors in PCSX2 log. On the actual real PS2 (3004R), disc plays fine, but converting it to an iso and reading it from the HDD doesnt work, openps2loader just doesnt see the iso, if that helps anything.
Thought id notice, other demos/games on the demo disc work just flawless.

Edit:
Upon testing, when disabling the framelimiter in GS tab, the above errors dont appear, but the same problem persists. Though i succeeded in pausing the demo and panning around, all buatifull particles seemed there.
No developer seeing something in the error code i posted?
TLB Miss could be anything, but it's an issue with the EE generally. Best you can do is try manual gamefixes and/or make a patch to avoid the TLB misses.
Ok then its harder to fix then thought. I understand this demo isnt very popular but its quit special, would be nice to have it on PCSX2 as you can have filters, high res, aa etc.
Yea 2 of the scenes run good, the black bananas one and the 2 faces with branches poking out. The white spikes runs ehh... and everything else is 1 fp10s. PCSX2 states 100% and no EE % over 70. Usually around 50%. I could post a vid. The song plays all the way through but loops the start over and over. So like, 12-34-12-56-12-78etc. I couldn't seem to change anything in the audio plugin relevant to fix it.

However I was able to extract the song with MFAudio.(https://www.zophar.net/utilities/ps2util...o-1-1.html) It can be found @ '(CD):\FISHES\DATA\FINDMY.ABC'. ".ABC" isn't a real container and MFAudio can scan it and extract it as .wav.
I remember like 4-5 years ago, when a TLB miss appeared, you had just to send devel logs to sudonim, and by the following morning you had a fixed build waiting for you on Orphis Tongue
(01-22-2018, 02:21 AM)Throwaway Wrote: [ -> ]Yea 2 of the scenes run good, the black bananas one and the 2 faces with branches poking out. The white spikes runs ehh... and everything else is 1 fp10s. PCSX2 states 100% and no EE % over 70. Usually around 50%. I could post a vid. The song plays all the way through but loops the start over and over. So like, 12-34-12-56-12-78etc. I couldn't seem to change anything in the audio plugin relevant to fix it.

However I was able to extract the song with MFAudio.(https://www.zophar.net/utilities/ps2util...o-1-1.html) It can be found @ '(CD):\FISHES\DATA\FINDMY.ABC'. ".ABC" isn't a real container and MFAudio can scan it and extract it as .wav.

What does this mean, is it a performance problem afterall? It certainly uses the PS2 architecture as it meant to be, lotsa polygons/particles, low res or no textures etc.
Similar demo, not from sony but some ps2devs that made it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD-6tcriyNw
(01-23-2018, 05:53 PM)Aggressor22 Wrote: [ -> ]What does this mean, is it a performance problem afterall? It certainly uses the PS2 architecture as it meant to be, lotsa polygons/particles, low res or no textures etc.
Similar demo, not from sony but some ps2devs that made it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD-6tcriyNw

and you can run this in fullspeed on pcsx2? afaik it only runs sort of in software mode.
Pages: 1 2 3