..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Problems with ATI? XP + 4550
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

My PC spects,   XP 32bits, C2D 1.8ghz, 2GB ram, and onboard Intel x3100

I use pcsx2 just for some games, like King of Fighters 94 rebout.  With the onboard intel x3500 and DirectX9 Hardware, i get almost fullspeed,  50-60fps,  works well

I tested a geforce 7300GT and a 8600GT and I get fullspeed 60fps with DirectX9 hardware. No problems, perfect

I tested two ATI cards,  4350 DDR2 and 4550 DDR3, both i get same results, 20-30fps, very slow in DX9 Hardware.  I tried OpenGl, but i just get a blank screen.

Both 4350 and 4550 are similar/faster to the nvidia 7300GT, little slower than 8600GT, but much faster than onboard intel..

I tested 1.4 and 1.5 devel, different GSdx plugins, no luck

I dont know what else to try, any ideas?   i need to use the ATI card, not nvidia or intel

Thanks a lot for any help

EDIT:  Just for the records, there is not drivers problem, i have a norton ghost image, and before install intel/nvidia/ati drivers, i restore the image
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

----------------------------------------------

I'm going to go out on a limb and say your OS/Hardware are too old to be compatible with PCSX2. 1.4.0 is actually the last release that supports Windows XP. You're probably going to be out of luck unfortunately until your PC is upgraded. Smile
(01-04-2018, 11:52 PM)CK1 Wrote: [ -> ]In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

----------------------------------------------

I'm going to go out on a limb and say your OS/Hardware are too old to be compatible with PCSX2. 1.4.0 is actually the last release that supports Windows XP. You're probably going to be out of luck unfortunately until your PC is upgraded. Smile

hello!

1.5 devel works great in XP, no problem, i tested pcsx2-v1.5.0-dev-2210.  My hardware is Ok for the games i tested,  the problem is with ATI cards, not nvidia or intel

with nvidia or intel card, i get fullspeed in pcsx2

Technically the ati cards are faster than the 7300GT and the onbard intel,  at least the DDR3 4550.  But i get less than half speed compared to the intel or nvidia

i tested new and old drivers from ATI, same.

Different configs, but always start from stock pcsx2 config

I tested both ISO and original DVD
for 2d fighters like kof, it shouldn't hurt to play in native resolution and software mode. dunno if the games work that nicely and your cpu can handle that. that's what you gotta test.

i dunno how you got something out of the 7300. this is some old bucket with fixed shaders. i dunno either what makes you think that this and that cards are better. the raw specs indicate otherwise. if you can, use the 8600 GT it's the most powerful of those. it literally has twice the tmus and rops and memory bandwidth, marginally lower gflops. that double in texture and output is exactly what you see in your fps. compute shouldn't even matter that much. it's all fillrate and memory. fast 2d copypaste.

you only need it tho, if you gotta use hardware mode and wanna try to play in upscaled resolution.

or in general, the fastest memory does your fps.
(01-05-2018, 01:18 AM)dabore Wrote: [ -> ]for 2d fighters like kof, it shouldn't hurt to play in native resolution and software mode. dunno if the games work that nicely and your cpu can handle that. that's what you gotta test.

i dunno how you got something out of the 7300. this is some old bucket with fixed shaders. i dunno either what makes you think that this and that cards are better. the raw specs indicate otherwise. if you can, use the 8600 GT it's the most powerful of those. it literally has twice the tmus and rops and memory bandwidth, marginally lower gflops. that double in texture and output is exactly what you see in your fps. compute shouldn't even matter that much. it's all fillrate and memory. fast 2d copypaste.

you only need it tho, if you gotta use hardware mode and wanna try to play in upscaled resolution.

or in general, the fastest memory does your fps.

I need to use a ATI card, no nvidia or intel.  ATI cards support doublescan modes in CRT screens, not NVIDIA, and intel dos not output 15khz properly

Software mode is slow,  30-40fps max. I need at least a C2D 3.2+ghz to play KOF94 rebout in software mode at constant 60fps

I made some test in games and benchmarks, and is prety clear the ATI 4550 DDR3 is faster than the 7300GT, and MUCH faster than the onboard intel, both opengl and direct3d.  Slower than the 8600GT

But both 7300GT and the intel x3100 give me good speed in PCSX2 in DX9 hardware mode. The 4550 is pretty slow

why? this is something i dont understand... driver problems? pcsx2 gpu plugin dont like ATI cards?

8600GT = 60fps
7300GT = 60fps
intel x3100 = 50-60fps
ATI 4550 = 20-30fps
double scan? never heard of that? you mean overscan? dunno if that's the thing either. interlaced mode? i dunno if that would even work. you tryna output s-video? tryna retro cabinet something? i have no idea how a gpu does that. it should be basicly just a standard tv signal converter. you maybe gotta find a proper driver that can output native 640x480 to tv. i know i output some s-video in all sorts of resolutions on my old tv. that worked automaticly correct tho. might be the tuner that managed it. if not, that's a problem for you or some old computer fux with old crts that should fix. not alotta peops here use that sorta of old hardware. i don't either.

technically this is never a issue or done this way in pcsx2. the pcsx2 rendering is a progressive frame buffer. it outputs basicly 640x480 native. that is vga. for a tv it actually should output anamorph 720x480 for ntsc and 720x576 for pal crts. but it's not emulating or trying to output this tv compatible. so everything that is output is vga 480p. that should work on your tv. anything that outputs that clean should do it for you. everything else your gpu gotta do to the signal, is your driver and stuff you gotta get issue.

same for those performance issues. try to get a better driver for your ati card.

edited: black bottoms don't exist. ntsc versions of the snk games actual scale correct 480p. and it looks pretty sharp. and you should not output that interlaced.

so... what now?!? get a working standard vga screen and/or fix your gpu drivers. there's not alot more i can guess or recommend. Smile
(01-05-2018, 03:56 AM)dabore Wrote: [ -> ]double scan? never heard of that? you mean overscan? dunno if that's the thing either. interlaced mode? i dunno if that would even work. you tryna output s-video? tryna retro cabinet something? i have no idea how a gpu does that. it should be basicly just a standard tv signal converter. you maybe gotta find a proper driver that can output native 640x480 to tv. i know i output some s-video in all sorts of resolutions on my old tv. that worked automaticly correct tho. might be the tuner that managed it. if not, that's a problem for you or some old computer fux with old crts that should fix. not alotta peops here use that sorta of old hardware. i don't either.

technically this is never a issue or done this way in pcsx2. the pcsx2 rendering is a progressive frame buffer. it outputs basicly 640x480 native. that is vga. for a tv it actually should output anamorph 720x480 for ntsc and 720x576 for pal crts. but it's not emulating or trying to output this tv compatible. so everything that is output is vga 480p. that should work on your tv. anything that outputs that clean should do it for you. everything else your gpu gotta do to the signal, is your driver and stuff you gotta get issue.

same for those performance issues. try to get a better driver for your ati card.

edited: black bottoms don't exist. ntsc versions of the snk games actual scale correct 480p. and it looks pretty sharp. and you should not output that interlaced.

so... what now?!? get a working standard vga screen and/or fix your gpu drivers. there's not alot more i can guess or recommend. Smile

Hello, thanks for your time

Sorry i dont understand what do you want to say.  Doublescan is low resolution modes in 31khz.. i did not say anything about interlaced.  I have a 31khz VGA screen

[Image: 009.jpg]

[Image: 005.jpg]

I tested original drivers from ATI,  from first ones that support 4550 to the lastest in the website, and all drivers give me same results, slow speed.  I dont know ehere to get better drivers,  omega drivers and similar ones, are old, and some dont even support 4550

KOF94 Rebout is 640x448 (608x448 ingame) and this is the only resolution I use for this game

Is not a problem about resolution,  i think is a problem between pcsx2 and ATI.  Maybe drivers I dont know...  i post this with the hope someone use a 4350 or a 4550
okay. i dunno what the problem is with your ati cards. if they don't perform just use the nv 8600. that's the easy deal.

this resolution thing is weird. and you should not need a custom resolution. i don't care what kHz the signal has. the resolution you should use is 640x480, always. no matter what the game says the internal backbuffer is. (it is 640x448 actually - that is the pixel perfect version. you can press F8 and grab a snapshot. that is the picture you should have, just top/bottom 16 black lines actually.) pcsx2 always outputs stretched and sorta filtered 640x480 tho. ofc it's gotta do it to fill the 4:3 aspect ratio.

and... bah... the output of some (and 'these 2') games seem to be wrong aspect, if you use a custom crop resolution window. don't do that.

KOF2003 pal with regular 480: 640x420. atleast has correct width. missing the height aspect. 512 / 576 * 480 = 420. Laugh granted, the pal version probably uses a line count hack anyway. i think it outputs the same 448 lines internal (i deleted the iso yesterday, didn't check), but uses a pal typical 512 line buffer and probably messes with the crtc line magnification to get it done. correct aspect on the hardware.

KOF2003 + 94rebout with a 448 height window outputs 597x480. cause 640 * 448 / 480 squashes the width. buggered. don't use the 448 height. with normal 480 height it does stretch the height correct from 448 to 480 4:3 aspect. just minor marks which you can't bypass.

for the heck: cause i was bored.

this is the accurate backbuffer
[Image: 7ttxIk5.png]

thisis what it outputs. you gotta deal with this.
[Image: zKCMmMU.png]

the minor streching marks.
[Image: mIioQlU.png]

this is what it should output to get a perfect picture. you'd have to deal with the bars.
[Image: O1kXhZW.png]

still all using 640x480 output window. this is what you gotta use too. not fux with numbers. and your 8600 should be able todo that.

just btw... does your pcsx2 version and graphics card render all those depth artefacts in the 3d backgrounds? yeh. it's got some issues. mmh.