..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: The Sims 2 Castaway
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Guys, I'm new here, I'm Brazilian, I'm using google translator to write, so any writing error, I'm sorry.

I'm trying to play The Sims 2 Castaways, I'll leave screenshots with the settings I'm using. The errors are as follows, running the game in DirectX11 3D (hardware), the game is well fluid 60fps, however closes after a few minutes, and the game options and menu items are blank if I put in DirectX11 3D ( software) the performance drops a lot, practically unplayable, but the options are visible. Searching found that it could be solved by running in OpenGL, but when I try to do this the game does not open, ERROR- 'Failed to create a 2.0 context' in both hardware and software.

Please help me...

Specifications:
Intel Core i7- 3537U CPU 2.0GHz- 3.5GHz
8Gb RAM
NVidia GeForce 740M 2Gb
Windows 10 64 bits
PCSX2 version pcsx2-v1.5.0-dev-2263-g24b83fd96
can't tell if your GPU will be compatible with OGL renderer, but... tried updating nvidia drivers ?
(01-25-2018, 02:49 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]can't tell if your GPU will be compatible with OGL renderer, but... tried updating nvidia drivers ?

Yes, has been updated today
Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
(01-25-2018, 03:02 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]

Patches: No CRC found, using 00000000 instead.
Opening plugins...
Opening GS
Opening PAD
Opening SPU2
Opening CDVD
WIN API ERROR:2000 isoFile open ok: C:\Users\emaci\Desktop\Emulador\PS2\THE SIMS 2 - CASTAWAY (PS2) (NTSC)\TheSims2Castaway.iso
Image type  = CD
 * CDVD Disk Open: DVD, Single layer or unknown:
 * * Track 1: Data (Mode 1) (1711424 sectors)
Opening USB
Opening FW
Opening DEV9
Closing plugins...
Closing DEV9
Closing FW
Closing USB
Closing CDVD
Closing SPU2
Closing PAD
Closing GS
Plugins closed successfully.
Shutting down plugins...
Plugins shutdown successfully.
(pxActionEvent) GS plugin failed to open!(thread:MTGS)(thread:EE Core)
[wx] Failed to load shared library 'C:\Users\emaci\Desktop\Emulador\PS2\pcsx2-v1.5.0-dev-2263-g24b83fd96-windows-x86\plugins\DEV9ghzdrk.dll' (error 126: não foi possível encontrar o módulo especificado.)
User-canceled plugin configuration after plugin initialization failure.  Plugins unloaded.
(GameDB) Unloading...

I did not understand what it was like to do, so there's the text and the file.
set Dev9 plugin to devnull and try again
(01-25-2018, 03:22 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]set Dev9 plugin to devnull and try again
It is set to Devnull(it's just a random warning).

This definitely seems like a driver issue. According to the NVIDIA website, this GPU does support OGL 4.5 though.
(01-25-2018, 03:32 PM)FlatOut Wrote: [ -> ]This definitely seems like a driver issue. According to the NVIDIA website, this GPU does support OGL 4.5 though.

yep. that's what I just read.
How did you update your driver ?
did you use Windows update or downloaded nvidia drivers from their website ?
I updated in GeForce Experience. On the NVidia website, I have the latest version
(01-25-2018, 03:34 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]yep. that's what I just read.
How did you update your driver ?
did you use Windows update or downloaded nvidia drivers from their website ?

WIN API ERROR:2000 Opening CDVD
isoFile open ok: C:\Users\emaci\Desktop\Emulador\PS2\THE SIMS 2 - CASTAWAY (PS2) (NTSC)\TheSims2Castaway.iso
Image type  = CD
 * CDVD Disk Open: DVD, Single layer or unknown:
 * * Track 1: Data (Mode 1) (1711424 sectors)
Opening USB
Opening FW
Opening DEV9
Closing plugins...
Closing DEV9
Closing FW
Closing USB
Closing CDVD
Closing SPU2
Closing PAD
Closing GS
Plugins closed successfully.
Shutting down plugins...
Plugins shutdown successfully.
(pxActionEvent) GS plugin failed to open!(thread:MTGS)(thread:EE Core)
Pages: 1 2