..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Game Pad Controller
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(01-27-2018, 10:02 PM)TkSilver Wrote: [ -> ]The biggest difference and advantage of using a DS3\DS4, besides possibly saving some money if you already have one from owning the console, is that using SCPtoolkit or fireshock you can get pressure sensitive buttons working.

Are these important.... depends highly on the games you want to play. Metal Gear 2\3 greatly benefit from pressure sensitive buttons, but there are ways to work around not having it. Various other games also do use them, but they are more the exception then the rule. (Though some of those exceptions are exceptional games.)

Also I happen to love my 8bitdo Nes30pro controller for emulation, but that is mainly because it fits my 8bit\16bit\portable collections nicer then my DS3 I generally use for PCSX2 or my other controllers based on sony's design. I also use an xbox360 controller for dreamcast games since it tends to fit those better (I don't have a DC to PC adapter). Nothing fits N64 quite right though (well besides a N64 controller\clone).

For N64 I just set the controller up like a Gamecube controller and it works quite well.
(01-27-2018, 10:08 PM)tsunami2311 Wrote: [ -> ]One day if i find f710 on sale for like 20$ i will buy it,  would loved if logitech just made update version of it .

they did.
i just bought another one recently, because my old F710 (6 years old) was starting to get a few issues.
and the new one registered in windows 10 withtout any extra action
also try ps4 controller but you need usb-bluetooth adapter and ds4 windows to do it
but there is a con of this it's the L2 and R2 are pressure button and not native button therefore some japanese games like SRW can't soft reset if the R2 and L2 buttons is not native to the PS4 controller...

kinda off-topic:
other pros on PS4 controller is shenmue games like walking you need to press half-pressure of the R2 trigger buttons.
other pros such as super hang-on on the ported PSN game on PS3 platform now emulating under rpcs3....the do the exact pressure R2 button on stepping the gas.
(01-27-2018, 09:34 AM)teots Wrote: [ -> ]Is ps3 controller compatible with pcsx2 and pc games by connection between the controller and pc usb port ? Any recommendation with controller  for pcsx2 and pc games ?

Can anyone answer my questions ?
Quote:Any recommendation with controller for pcsx2 and pc games ?
this question has been answered many times...
Quote:Is ps3 controller compatible with pcsx2 and pc games by connection between the controller and pc usb port ?
Topken answered your question

I suggest you read the answers when you create a thread. Else, it's a bit useless...
(01-29-2018, 11:22 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]this question has been answered many times...
Topken answered your question

I suggest you read the answers when you create a thread. Else, it's a bit useless...

Is ps3 controller compatible with pcsx2 and pc games through usb connection  ? I can't find answer for this question.
(01-29-2018, 12:08 PM)teots Wrote: [ -> ]Is ps3 controller compatible with pcsx2 and pc games through usb connection  ? I can't find answer for this question.

topken's answer : "My DS3 works perfectly fine with PCSX2 via SCPToolkit."

I guess you don't know what SCP toolkit is...
It's a wrapper that makes your PC think you're using an Xinput controller when you connect a DS3 controller.
thus, it will be ok with pcsx2 & pc games too
(01-29-2018, 12:15 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]topken's answer : "My DS3 works perfectly fine with PCSX2 via SCPToolkit."

I guess you don't know what SCP toolkit is...
It's a wrapper that makes your PC think you're using an Xinput controller when you connect a DS3 controller.
thus, it will be ok with pcsx2 & pc games too

I know what is a scp toolkit by searching the net. Both of you have typing error "DS3 controller".
Another question not answer, can the ps3 controller connect via usb ? Thank you. Blink
DS3 is the PS3 controller.
DS3 is Dualshock 3 AKA PPlaystation 3 controller and yes SCPToolkit works via both USB and Bluetooth.
Pages: 1 2 3