..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PSX2 1.4.0 does not see AVX graphics plugins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tried everything, but the emulator still recognizes only SSE plugins.
Generally, PSX2 works for me, i have played MGS3 Subsistence using SSE4, though it does not always run at 60 FPS. Moreover, cutscenes are running at 30 or less FPS which, in my honest opinion, can be fixed by switching to AVX plugin.

I have Windows 10 x64 on a laptop with
Intel Pentium 2117U Ivy Bridge (supports AVX according to what i saw on the Internet), NVidia GeForce GT 710M and 6Gb RAM.

What should i do to fix this problem?

[attachment=65597][attachment=65598]
Quote:I have Windows 10 x64 on a laptop with
Intel Pentium 2117U Ivy Bridge (supports AVX according to what i saw on the Internet)
Looks like Intel doesn't agree with you
(02-02-2018, 10:53 AM)ItsaNewMedicine Wrote: [ -> ]Tried everything, but the emulator still recognizes only SSE plugins.
Generally, PSX2 works for me, i have played MGS3 Subsistence using SSE4, though it does not always run at 60 FPS. Moreover, cutscenes are running at 30 or less FPS which, in my honest opinion, can be fixed by switching to AVX plugin.
Nope.
It'll be solved with a good CPU and a good GPU.
MGS3 is an intensively demanding game under pcsx2, and both your CPU (STR around 900) and GPU are too weak to keep a consistent framerate.
Sorry Sad
Even if your CPU did support AVX, it wouldn't be a magic speed solution. With a little luck it could gain a couple of FPS in some places, but it wouldn't solve your speed issues with MGS3.
(02-02-2018, 11:10 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like Intel doesn't agree with you
Nope.
It'll be solved with a good CPU and a good GPU.
MGS3 is an intensively demanding game under pcsx2, and both your CPU (STR around 900) and GPU are too weak to keep a consistent framerate.
Sorry Sad

acknowledged. thanks for an answer
Technically, it would be better to have at least AVX2 (AVX1 isn't that great) and it is mostly for the SW renderer.
Unless you have a super new CPU not many support AVX2 anyway. That leaves most people with SSE2, SSE4 and AVX.
Haswell and above i3+ support AVX2.
(02-02-2018, 11:41 PM)[]HP[]Hawkeye Wrote: [ -> ]Unless you have a super new CPU not many support AVX2 anyway. That leaves most people with SSE2, SSE4 and AVX.

The thing is that AVX1 in gsdx is AVX128 bits. The only gain is 3 operands operations so you save one instructions from time to time but you paid an extra overhead due to AVX. AVX2 allow to use AVX256 bits, so it really reduce the number of instructions to process data.

In latest git, we added automatic detection of AVX where is matter (i.e. the sw renderer) even on SSE2 plugin.

Conclusion the AVX version doesn't bring anything.