..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Pcsx2 don't run on my pc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everyone, i have some problem with all pcsx2 versions (sorry for the wrong english, i'm italian). I have a pc with this features: cpu intel dual core 3 ghz, grafic nvidia 710 2 gb, ram 4 gb, i think that features are good for the emu, but no emulator version run. They gave me error from the visual c, but i install the correct , or the message that cdvd plugin failed to open.I have no idea what to do, can someone help me? Thanks
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.
  • a Screenshot of the error

Thank You.

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
If u are running windows 7 u need to update ur drivers or just download window 7 service pack and try reinstalling visual c+
È meglio avere una CPU AMD Phenom II X6 o una CPU AMD FX 8 core. AMD è più economico della maggior parte dei processori basati su Intel che offrono solo fino a 4 core CPU. È sempre meglio andare con AMD che offre più core per altre cose oltre a PCSX2. Un processore core duel non eseguirà PCSX2 in modo efficiente.
(02-05-2018, 01:20 AM)[]HP[]Hawkeye Wrote: [ -> ]È meglio avere una CPU AMD Phenom II X6 o una CPU AMD FX 8 core. AMD è più economico della maggior parte dei processori basati su Intel che offrono solo fino a 4 core CPU. È sempre meglio andare con AMD che offre più core per altre cose oltre a PCSX2. Un processore core duel non eseguirà PCSX2 in modo efficiente.
This is an English-only forum, and your response has nothing to do with the issue the OP has. Besides, any Intel CPU is better than a comparably priced AMD CPU, even if the Intel has fewer cores or less GHz.
I wouldn't say that at all. I think that's a very unfair assessment. Part of what you guys here at the PCSX2 forums have to understand is in the way I look at things such as CPU's. I'm not saying necessarily that more cores are better for PCSX2. Especially since PCSX2 currently only uses 2 cores 3 with MTVU. You guys seem to look at things strictly from a PCSX2 perspective when it comes to CPU cores and GHz and of course STP.

I try to look at computing more holistically as far as CPU's for everyday PC gaming which most newer applications require more than just 4 cores. I've always recommended AMD for that reason because they usually offer 6 or 8 core processors at much more reasonable prices than a similarly priced Intel processor with only 4 cores. My approach is to suggest CPU's that work great for everyday PC gaming as well as emulation and most people I talk to outside these forums tend to appreciate that even PCSX2 users tend to appreciate that approach and that's something I'm personally proud of.

You guys on the other hand obviously don't tolerate people who say anything negative about PCSX2 and it's lack of performance. Also this is a British website and yet you guys can't even tolerate users who speak languages from your own continent. Personally I've seen enough in how users in general are treated on this forum.

All that aside I really do mean it when I say that I wish each and everyone of you good cheer and a great future with PCSX2. If anything comes up with future emulation projects and I suspect a developer is stealing something from you guys I will of course let you know. Despite our differences I will always be in your corner. Take care.
(02-05-2018, 10:47 PM)[]HP[]Hawkeye Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't say that at all. I think that's a very unfair assessment. Part of what you guys here at the PCSX2 forums have to understand is in the way I look at things such as CPU's. I'm not saying necessarily that more cores are better for PCSX2. Especially since PCSX2 currently only uses 2 cores 3 with MTVU. You guys seem to look at things strictly from a PCSX2 perspective when it comes to CPU cores and GHz and of course STP.
are you aware you actually registered to pcsx2 forums ?

Quote:I try to look at computing more holistically as far as CPU's for everyday PC gaming which most newer applications require more than just 4 cores. I've always recommended AMD for that reason because they usually offer 6 or 8 core processors at much more reasonable prices than a similarly priced Intel processor with only 4 cores. My approach is to suggest CPU's that work great for everyday PC gaming as well as emulation and most people I talk to outside these forums tend to appreciate that even PCSX2 users tend to appreciate that approach and that's something I'm personally proud of.
What you could do then is keeping talking to those people outside these forums more often.
this way, you won't have the need to do it here.

Quote:You guys on the other hand obviously don't tolerate people who say anything negative about PCSX2 and it's lack of performance. Also this is a British website and yet you guys can't even tolerate users who speak languages from your own continent. Personally I've seen enough in how users in general are treated on this forum.
are you leaving us again ?
Quote:All that aside I really do mean it when I say that I wish each and everyone of you good cheer and a great future with PCSX2. If anything comes up with future emulation projects and I suspect a developer is stealing something from you guys I will of course let you know. Despite our differences I will always be in your corner. Take care.
thanks.
hope we'll see you around next year, then Wink
(02-05-2018, 10:47 PM)[]HP[]Hawkeye Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't say that at all. I think that's a very unfair assessment. Part of what you guys here at the PCSX2 forums have to understand is in the way I look at things such as CPU's. I'm not saying necessarily that more cores are better for PCSX2. Especially since PCSX2 currently only uses 2 cores 3 with MTVU. You guys seem to look at things strictly from a PCSX2 perspective when it comes to CPU cores and GHz and of course STP.

I try to look at computing more holistically as far as CPU's for everyday PC gaming which most newer applications require more than just 4 cores. I've always recommended AMD for that reason because they usually offer 6 or 8 core processors at much more reasonable prices than a similarly priced Intel processor with only 4 cores. My approach is to suggest CPU's that work great for everyday PC gaming as well as emulation
An 8-core AMD CPU with the same GHz will still be slower than a comparably priced 4-core Intel CPU, and not just for PCSX2. It's just not as simple as more cores equals better performance, Intel cores are much better than AMD cores. Many applications and games don't use all cores anyway. Besides, this user is here for PCSX2 help, not random PC hardware advice. A visual c error and cdvd error are clearly mentioned in the first post as the main issue.

(02-05-2018, 10:47 PM)[]HP[]Hawkeye Wrote: [ -> ]You guys on the other hand obviously don't tolerate people who say anything negative about PCSX2 and it's lack of performance.
Personally, I don't mind people who point out negative experiences with PCSX2. But those things do need to be based on facts, and preferably be constructive. We don't need random people telling us for the 100th time that a Vulkan/Direct3D12 backend will magically solve our performance issues.

(02-05-2018, 10:47 PM)[]HP[]Hawkeye Wrote: [ -> ]Also this is a British website and yet you guys can't even tolerate users who speak languages from your own continent. Personally I've seen enough in how users in general are treated on this forum.
This website is probably more American than British, as most of the content here is aimed towards NTSC-U instead of PAL. Besides Britain is leaving the EU, so a British website is free to ban all non-English speaking members. Tongue2

If people all speak their own native language on the forum, hardly anyone will be able to understand another. Most users won't be able to read the contents of your Italian post. But if you want to make it easier for a non-native person to understand you, I'm sure no-one would mind if you include both English and Italian versions of your message in a post.
I'm sure you guys get tired of hearing it but even though Vulkan would not be a magic fix for PCSX2 it would be a step in the right direction.

As for Great Britain leaving the EU if it did happen that would be extremely dangerous. Stuff like that is what leads to nationalism and other countries feeling superior to the other which is ultimately what led to WWI and II. The EU was formed after WWII as part of a way to say we may have our different languages but we are all united under one currency and one continent.
(02-06-2018, 01:59 AM)[]HP[]Hawkeye Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure you guys get tired of hearing it but even though Vulkan would not be a magic fix for PCSX2 it would be a step in the right direction.
No, it wouldn't. Because the same core issues would be present and speed gained would be very little. It would take time away from working on core GSdx issues, which is where most speed can be gained. It would also increase workload on all other fixes because it adds another backend to maintain and check. Some developers won't be able to use Vulkan at all, so it would altogether make things even more complicated and reduce the amount of fixes and real performance improvements that get added to the project.

Only if a new, very experienced, developer would take on developing the Vulkan backend and stayed around for at least several years maintaining all the Vulkan elements could it become a step in the right direction.
Pages: 1 2