..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Linux Mint Problems on Dev PPA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been unable to get PCSX2 to recognize my bluetooth controller in either the regular PPA or the unstable PPA. I'm able to get the controller to work through QJoyPad by mapping the controller to the keyboard, but it makes it difficult to set up two player. I'm running Mint 18.3 with 7.6 GB of memory on a very pedestrian Intel Core™ i5-3470T CPU @ 2.90GHz × 4.

The gamepad is recognized by jstest, and I added myself to the "input" group. What else should I try?
Which PAD plugin do you use ? onepad-legacy or onepad ? (I don't remember which one is provided).

Recent onepad should use SDL2 to automatically detect the pad. If not, we need to add an entry in the pad db (or in the ini file).

Edit:
By the way, jstest is based on the old pad kernel interface (/dev/js*). Whereas new code should use evdev interface (/dev/input/ev*)
(03-08-2018, 02:00 PM)gregory Wrote: [ -> ]Which PAD plugin do you use ? onepad-legacy or onepad ? (I don't remember which one is provided).

Recent onepad should use SDL2 to automatically detect the pad. If not, we need to add an entry in the pad db (or in the ini file).

Edit:
By the way, jstest is based on the old pad kernel interface (/dev/js*). Whereas new code should use evdev interface (/dev/input/ev*)

I've tried both PAD plugins. Neither works. In terms of kernel interface, my joystick is listed as /dev/input/js0. Is that evdev?
no js* is the old joy interface. Maybe evtest should work better. Do you have any specific binary/library for your controller, because you will need to install the 32 bits equivalent.
(03-12-2018, 01:55 PM)gregory Wrote: [ -> ]no js* is the old joy interface. Maybe evtest should work better. Do you have any specific binary/library for your controller, because you will need to install the 32 bits equivalent.

The gamepad is plug and play as far as I can tell.