..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Best setting for lower end PCs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ripped my BIOS from my ps2 slim
And ripped about 4 iso files from games I own.

Haven't tried them on my pc yet, joined this forum because this is all new to me. But I wanted to know what would be the best settings to run these on my pc, so I can enjoy them to the fullest and not ruin the experience. 

I have a Dell Optiplex 790 intel i5-2400 3.1GHz
2gb Video card bought it from a friend I believe it's a Nivida?
12gb of RAM
Windows 10

Games I own that I want to play on here
Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2
Soul Caliber 2
GTA Vice City

Would rather play these with better graphics, because my ps2 looks like crap on my TV, and I heard this program can upscale them? A friend of mine uses it a lot and he got me into it.

Thank you!
Upscaling even at the lowest (2x)might be a bit difficult, specifically not knowing what card you have, every running your games w/ default settings in GSdx (setting atleast render to Direct3D 11 (Hardware) ) and if you experience slowdown there, well upscaling by changing the internal resolution's going to compound the problem.
Ok found out what card it is. It's a EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 FTW DDR5 2gb
your CPU Might still bottleneck you you can try, worst case you cant and y'll just get similar visual quality to a standard CRT TV, if you had to resort Back to a physical PS2, using Component cables will yet a lil better results than the average Yellow/White/Red "A/V" Composite cables, (if you had a 20GB/60 / 80GB Phattie BC PS3, those do basic Upscalingon PS2 games, as this would be the better solution when you cant upgrade your rig/have existing solutions.
give this a try
Seems like a Sandy Bridge CPU at 3.1 ghz. Not too bad, should run most games decently at worst. That Geforce 1050 should be able to handle 2x or 3x internal res for most games.
(04-03-2018, 07:08 PM)DopeyTheDouge Wrote: [ -> ]Ripped my BIOS from my ps2 slim
And ripped about 4 iso files from games I own.

Haven't tried them on my pc yet, joined this forum because this is all new to me. But I wanted to know what would be the best settings to run these on my pc, so I can enjoy them to the fullest and not ruin the experience. 

I have a Dell Optiplex 790 intel i5-2400 3.1GHz
2gb Video card bought it from a friend I believe it's a Nivida?
12gb of RAM
Windows 10

Games I own that I want to play on here
Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2
Soul Caliber 2
GTA Vice City

Would rather play these with better graphics, because my ps2 looks like crap on my TV, and I heard this program can upscale them? A friend of mine uses it a lot and he got me into it.

Thank you!

I'm running the pcsx2 emulator at default setting using directsound. The result is awesome gameplay, 
graphics and sound . It's better than a ps2 and 3 for ps2 games.
Yeah the i5 2400 has a STP of 1746 which is plenty for a good chuck of games minus the heavier ones of course. So yeah the System isn't that bad for PCSX2 and with a 1050 you should easily be able to hit 3x maybe even 4x for a few titles. So yeah you should be good to go.