..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Need some help converting a Cheat Engine code to PNACH
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone! I'm new to the forums and I am currently trying to convert a cheat engine code to a .PNACH file so I can patch it onto an ISO using PS2 Patch Engine. I'm using the Sly 3 demo from the Jampack Demo Disc Volume 13 (SCUS-9792). Its just the Sly 3 demo with no other games. The code I'm trying to convert is 2037048E 07940000. Please help!
In pcsx2 case,what you see in cheat engine it is the same in pnach
patch=1,EE,2037048E,extended,07940000

The first digit of the address is changed depending on the value type in CE
For byte,you use 0
For 2 bytes you use 1
For 4 bytes you use 2
(04-04-2018, 10:33 PM)vsub Wrote: [ -> ]In pcsx2 case,what you see in cheat engine it is the same in pnach
patch=1,EE,2037048E,extended,07940000

The first digit of the address is changed depending on the value type in CE
For byte,you use 0
For 2 bytes you use 1
For 4 bytes you use 2
So when I make the pnach I can patch it onto my iso with no problem? What would I name the file?
You are not patching the iso but you are forcing certain value in ram\memory
The Pnach system is doing the same thing as Cheat Engine
(04-05-2018, 05:05 PM)vsub Wrote: [ -> ]You are not patching the iso but you are forcing certain value in ram\memory
The Pnach system is doing the same thing as Cheat Engine

I know but I'm patching the pnach file onto the iso so I can run it through OPL on my actual PS2.
I remember there was something about that but it was long time ago I read any forums related to doing something on your PS2.
Didn't OPL had a build in cheating feature so you don't have to patch the iso.
(04-05-2018, 06:38 PM)vsub Wrote: [ -> ]I remember there was something about that but it was long time ago I read any forums related to doing something on your PS2.
Didn't OPL had a build in cheating feature so you don't have to patch the iso.

I don't recall that. I'll have to do some research.
Probably some of the latest versions...first it was sepparate program but then it was builded in into OPL