..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Xenosaga Episode I Slowdown Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Been playing this game again on PCSX2, and finally manged to get all the graphical glitches fixed, but only with the GSDX DirectX9 plugin. However, using that plugin, the game runs more slowly at times no matter what adjustments I make. The speed is fine in the DirectX11 plugin, but for some reason that one won't correct all the glitches the way the DirectX9 one does. So my question is, is there any way to either increase the speed for the DirectX9 plugin or fix the glitches with the DirectX11 plugin? Here are my system specs and I've attached my settings as well. Thanks for any help you guys can provide, I appreciate it.

Cybertron XPredatorX
AMD FX-6300 processor sat 3.8 Ghz
16 GB RAM
Windows 8.1
AMD Radeon R7 370 graphics card 2GB RAM
Best would be to use OGL, but you have and AMD GPU...
Software mode could be an idea too, but you only own an FX-6300...

Not much you can do, I'm afraid.
(05-24-2018, 06:18 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]Best would be to use OGL, but you have and AMD GPU...
Software mode could be an idea too, but you only own an FX-6300...

Not much you can do, I'm afraid.

Hmm, ok. ff I were to get a different graphics card, would that make a difference? OpenGL mode is slower than a snail in molasses for me, everyone in the game sounds like they're stoned or something. I've tried overclocking my graphics card but that didn't help, and putting it too high caused the screen to flicker constantly so I disabled it.
Yeah don't worry about overclocking for OpenGL. AMD broke some OpenGL features in their drivers many months ago, which PCSX2 uses, and they also refuse to acknowledge or make any effort towards fixing the problem. What kind of graphical problems does DX11 have? And how slow does slow mean when talking about DX9?
In DX11 there are the hairlines, which, while they can be fixed by using TC Y=1000 X=0, also makes the top of dialog boxes go way up on its own as a separate line. There are also little black lines on the battle screen UI. But in DX9 I stumbled onto the settings I'm using which fixed all of those glitches. The only problem is that DX9 runs the game slow in places. Not all the time, but when there's things like fire or mechs onscreen, for instance. The speed is fine in DX11, but it can't fix all the graphical glitches the way DX9 can. I don't know why that is. And would overclocking for DX9 do any good?
With that cpu and gpu you wont have a very pleasant experience, especially later in the game, there are bugs that are only fixed for opengl (like cutscenes that will just have black screen and audio only) which makes amd gpu's a bad pick, and cpu wise especially when ES's and some types of gnosis and boss battles appear it will slow down horribly.