..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: [Kessen]Language wont change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

I believe this is a question that has already been posted and solved, but i cant find anywhere a solution that works for me.

Juste downloaded PCSX because i'm too lazy to search for my real PS2 in my cave, wanting to replay some of my childhood best games. Actual problem is with Kessen I, i havent try yet with other games because my internet connexion is quite low to download other roms now ^^

Installed and configured PCSX with my native language (French), launch the console wih no iso to configure playstation language to french too. Then  i select boot on ISO, system -> reboot CDVD (complete).  It then reboot the playstation, start on the game, but its in english no matter what i try.

Can i get some help on this ?

Thanks
since the use actually proved he owns the original games, thread reopened.
@OP : delete your downloaded isos and make your ISOS from your own DVDs
First Kessen release included 3 European versions.

SLES-50018 - English
SLES-50019 - French
SLES-50020 - German

Probably you have SELS-50018, so there is nothing you can do to change language.
(06-05-2018, 10:59 AM)kozarovv Wrote: [ -> ]First Kessen release included 3 European versions.

SLES-50018 - English
SLES-50019 - French
SLES-50020 - German

Probably you have SELS-50018, so there is nothing you can do to change language.

Thanks, i didnt found this information while searching. Where did u get it ? So next time i can try to found before asking there Smile

(06-04-2018, 09:57 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]since the use actually proved he owns the original games, thread reopened.
@OP : delete your downloaded isos and make your ISOS from your own DVDs
I'll do this so i can be certain to have the right release/distribution with French language. Thanks.
Do you have a valid tutorial to make this ? I found some on the internet but there was variation in it so i dont know wich one to follow. I dont want at all to break my original games.
(06-05-2018, 11:08 AM)Sixters Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have a valid tutorial to make this ? I found some on the internet but there was variation in it so i dont know wich one to follow. I dont want at all to break my original games.

http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

Put your disk in, boot up img burn, "create image file from disk", Make sure your dvd drive is the source, choose the destination folder, you probably don't want to rip it at max speed(I rip at x1 but x4 speed should be fine), click read. This is a read so no chance of damaging the disk.

It'll finish in 5-10 min by then you'll have forgotten but at 100% volume it will by default play the Jungle theme probably best remembered for the end card from Jimmy Neutron. Tinnitus is fun
(06-05-2018, 11:08 AM)Sixters Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, i didnt found this information while searching. Where did u get it ? So next time i can try to found before asking there Smile

I just looked at pcsx2 wiki for this game, and noticed there are 3 EU versions with consecutive game id numbers. This usually mean different languages per version, fast google for one of them confirmed it.
Thanks everyone for theses fast answers. I'ma try this tonight if i can.

Edit: Another question, even if i think the answer will be "no way".
It is possible to get data from a real PS2 memory card into computer ?
(06-05-2018, 02:15 PM)Sixters Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks everyone for theses fast answers. I'ma try this tonight if i can.

Edit: Another question, even if i think the answer will be "no way".
It is possible to get data from a real PS2 memory card into computer ?

Yes it is.  There are a couple of ways.
1.  The easiest way is to use homebrew on your PS2, since you already should have this ready since you got your ps2 modded to get the bios off.
2. You can buy various cheat devices\save transfer devices that were built for this. sharkport or the PS2 to PS3 memory card adapter though with the PS3 adapter you will ned to hunt down the software ppl made to get the saves off.

either way you will need to convert the saves into a format PCSX2 understands and that is where MVMC comes in
http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca:11068/mymc/
it can change the format to the one PCSX2 uses and allow you to use your saves to pick up where you left off.