..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Black areas on Lego Racers 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Like the title says, some black areas appear over the character customizer (as well as the bar above). I have no idea what's going on, and I can't find a solution online.
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using, such as speed hacks or presets.
  • Your GSdx graphics settings (a picture of the settings dialog is preferred)
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
(06-07-2018, 03:40 AM)CK1 Wrote: [ -> ]In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using, such as speed hacks or presets.
  • Your GSdx graphics settings (a picture of the settings dialog is preferred)
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

Right, sorry:
CPU: HP ENVY Notebook - m6-p114dx (Touch) (ENERGY STAR) M1W24UA
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon™ R7 Graphics (up to 4.23 GB)
Memory: 6 GB DDR3L-1600 SDRAM (1 x 2 GB, 1 x 4 GB)
PCSX2: version 1.4.0
Non-Default Settings: None, and I'm unable to turn them on
GSdx graphics: I'm not sure how to get to there, but here are my GS settings.
Games: Lego Racers 2 on ISO
OK Upgrade to the latest PCSX2 build here: https://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/

After you do that, go to Config -> Video -> Plugin Settings -> and then change the renderer to DX11.
(06-07-2018, 11:21 PM)CK1 Wrote: [ -> ]OK Upgrade to the latest PCSX2 build here: https://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/

After you do that, go to Config -> Video -> Plugin Settings -> and then change the renderer to DX11.

So everything's good save for the rendering options. There's Direct 3D 9 & 11 (Hardware and Software for each), OpenGL (Hardware and Software), and None (Core Benchmark), but no Direct X 11.
Sorry, just use DX11 Hardware.
(06-08-2018, 12:04 AM)CK1 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, just use DX11 Hardware.

Where do I find that? Also using Direct3D 11 (Hardware) for the Renderer doesn't fix anything.
You could try OpenGL (hardware) but it may be too slow. Can you at least see if it fixes the issue?
(06-08-2018, 12:32 AM)CK1 Wrote: [ -> ]You could try OpenGL (hardware) but it may be too slow. Can you at least see if it fixes the issue?

Sure. Gimme a sec...

Okay, it's actually worse, as it's stuck on a screen from last time I closed the game (the second screenshot in the OP).

Edit 2: Okay, I found that Direct 3D 11 (Software) renders it the best and is the only option that will fix the black areas, but when a race starts, the game and sound gets very laggy (though it does get better as the race goes on). I'm going to mess around with the audio for a bit.
So no luck with the audio or lag. What do I do?
Pages: 1 2