..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: No interlacing codes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
10000 Bullets

EF97EC8F.pnach

// No inerlaced
patch=1,EE,005fe5ac,word,00000000
Hi. great contribution. Is it possible to get the codes for the PAL version of Ace Combat 4? The NTSC codes don't seem to work...
Does anyone have the code for Legaia 2 Duel Saga? Really good game with severe interlacing artifacts unfortunately...
Can you make one for Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition Remix?
(10-26-2018, 11:46 AM)asasega Wrote: [ -> ]@RadiantYeti, nor time nor access to that game, but I'm sure is the same engine like AC4,5 so code would be similar

@Kooler186 as mentioned in the first post, those values are for games which use the standard sony libraries. If that's not the case the game is using custom routines, so mips assembly language and familiarity with the debugger are required (so there are no universal values to search for). Bellow I will explain the code for crash bandicoot. sometimes the games are using both(sony libraries and custom)

@Mastervoldt bellow I'll try to describe the steps I took with this game, maybe others will find it usefull and try making new codes
Some games have in their code both the sony instructions and custome routines. Sometimes they use both ways, sometimes only the customs, and other time they are using the standard for menus etc and custom for gameplay.
Anyway as you observed this game(crash) contains the standard routines but the game still shakes after disabling them, meaning is using custom routines too.

Disclaimer the things bellow are my speculations, meaning maybe they are correct or maybe wrong or jargons are not correct, ps2devs and emu programmers know better(I'm neither of them)

1. I set an write breakpoint to address 12000090. This is a  special GS register along with 12000070 which tells the ps2 from where to read  the framebuffers. In 98% of the games this will give us a framestep option(because this address is written at every frame in most cases), meaning every time the break occurs the game advanced 1 frame.  You will notice the image jump up and down at consecutive frames.

2. I searched for a 0 value when the image is up, then step a frame and searched for value 1 when the image jumped down. In other games is inverted 1 when up and 0 when down. In other cases you can search for 0 and 8 or viceversa like in the sony routines(daddiu ...8)

3. You will find a few addresses, from trial and error we conclude that address 00641E40 is responsible for the shaking

4. The instrucion @0016A048 is writing this address during gameplay, and instr @0016A054 is writing the same address during loading screen

5. So in the final code we will force these two instruction to always write 0, instead writing alternating 0 and 1

0016A048 AF80E750
0016A054 AF80E750

and that's it, that's the code, you just need to make a pnach from it, which I posted on the first page

Can you (or somebody else?) possibly explain more how to do this if I'm not already familiar with this kind of stuff? Or maybe link to a website that explains properly how the debugger works? This is the PCSX2 debugger right? For instance, how do I search for 12000090? How does "breakpoint" work? Do I have to slow down the game to see every frame and then check every address or something? What is "framestep"? etc... Sorry if that's a lot of questions but I also would really like to learn how to do this myself so I don't have to be annoying and make game requests.
Siren (NTSC-C) [F7FB054C] (Thanks to @萌之求道者, work and found it)

Code:
patch=1,EE,00104fd4,word,00000000
The official PS2 emulator on the PS4 has an option to remove interlacing / field shifting when added to a config LUA:

Code:
-- Disable internal field shift compensation, part of post-process removal feature.
gsObj.SetDeinterlaceShift(0)

Not sure if it works on all games but interesting anyway.
Devil Kings (NTSC-U)
B304172F.pnach

// No interlaced
patch=1,EE,0026e43c,word,00000000 //64420008
patch=1,EE,0026e4c4,word,00000000 //64420008

//Progressive scan

patch=1,EE,0026d5ec,word,24110000 //00058c03
patch=1,EE,0026d5f0,word,24120050 //00069403
patch=1,EE,0026d5fc,word,24130001 //00079c03
Sorry could you help me because I don't understand. I downloaded the pnach file for jack and Daxter, what do I do now?
Thanks
(11-12-2019, 05:15 AM)leyo96 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry could you help me because I don't understand. I downloaded the pnach file for jack and Daxter, what do I do now?
Thanks

Put the .pnach file in “cheats folder”, which is found inside your PCSX2 emulator folder. Make sure it is for your region version of a game, American or European.

Then “Enable Cheats” in emulator “system settings”. Check mark will appear.

In “GSdx Settings” set interlacing to none.

Done.