..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: How configure with Intel NUC ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello, I installed pcsx2 on windows with an Intel NUC NUC7i5BNK  computer: i5-7260U and Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 + 4GB ddr4

The problem is that in games, (I have only 007 agent under fire to test) the games runs slowly and the sound too, it depends on where I look!

Can you help me set up the video setting?

I try to put Interlacing on Auto, but the rendering is very bad, it's blurry 

[Image: 1530973667-pcsx.png]

thanks for helping me because according to others, it should work in x2 resolution with my NUC!
they're optimistic.. some games will run ok, many wont. Your nuc is going to have throttling issues due to heat buildup....
if it works, someone else at the same thing as me and all the games run at 60fps, it's just my settings that are wrong!
who is this someone else ?
care to share a proof ?
This is an INCREDIBLY optimistic assumption.

First and probably most important, any NUC is going to have thermal issues that will easily set off thermal throttle if you try to run any sort of game or somewhat CPU taxing software.

The hardware inside is, according to benchmark tests, not bad. The single thread rating does, in fact, at first suggest it can run games full speed. But with a TDP of only 15 watts this instead suggests it is not as good under any sustained load, and will probably have trouble. I also compared it to my old mobile GPU, a GTX 860m, and it scores a 1394 compared to the 860m score of 1849. The 860m could handle 3x native, 4x native at best, if the game's GPU load wasn't super high. The NUC will probably only handle 2x in lighter GPU load games, and might even only run at native on some other games.

You seem to think that because of some here say, there is a solution in the settings, but really if it's struggling on defaults there isn't going to be a lot you can do. Lowering the EE cyclerate can ease the load on the CPU, but any PS2 game that used a lot of the PS2's power will be slowed down by this. Besides that, lower the internal resolution and pray. Note different games have different performance requirements, varying by how the games perform on an actual PS2. 007 I believe is a problem child and has a hack that helps speed it up, but someone else will have to help figure out which one it is as I do not recall off the top of my head.

I would definitely have a conversation with whoever said it would work well, about any configuration changes they have made in Windows or PCSX2 to get it working on their NUC, because conventional wisdom says this NUC will have problems when it heats up. Most people around here on the other hand play on actual desktops or gaming laptops, and generally when we hear NUC our first reaction is "Oh dear".
your 7260u is a bit stronger than my 7200u.. passmark has it rated at roughly 1900stp, where my 7200u is closer to 1700.

I have a laptop with ok cooling, better than the nuc (i haves used several). with fans on full, i still throttle and even with ffx-2 (one of the lightest games we know of), i throttle. My gpu cannot really keep up, even at only 2x rez.

I say this, with experience on the same type of hw youre using, you will not have much luck running pcsx2 on your system for any extended gaming session...