..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Learning how to tweak graphics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have been doing a lot of research so that I can increase the graphical details of games.  I finally understand how to the ws patches work.  Now I am trying to emulate (get it) the graphics I see in screenshots and videos.  Whats the best place to start?  I am currently working on GOW2 and in one screenshot I see online it says @ 6x Internal resolution.  What does that mean?  I am rocking an i7 3770 @3.10ghz with 32GB Ram and a 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050.  Any input would be appreciated.
What PCSX2 version are you using?

6x Native Resolution means that the person is running the game 6x higher then the the native resolution, (usually 640x448)
(08-10-2018, 01:56 AM)CK1 Wrote: [ -> ]What PCSX2 version are you using?

6x Native Resolution means that the person is running the game 6x higher then the the native resolution, (usually 640x448)

Version 1.4
Does using the anti aliasing settings help?  should i do mutliply 640x448 by 6 and run games at 3840x2688?
You don't need to do any math - most of the time 4x native works fine.

Also you should upgrade to the latest dev build as 1.4.0 is a bit old now - just click the purple link in my signature. Smile
(08-10-2018, 03:42 AM)CK1 Wrote: [ -> ]You don't need to do any math - most of the time 4x native works fine.

Also you should upgrade to the latest dev build as 1.4.0 is a bit old now - just click the purple link in my signature. Smile

Thanks for the update.  I installed the latest version but i get the attached error on install.  Also, where do I set 4x native?
Switch to the SSE4 plugin in the selection menu, your processor doesn't support the AVX2 instruction set.

You can set 4x native in the GSdx window after you switch plugins.
(08-10-2018, 04:41 AM)CK1 Wrote: [ -> ]Switch to the SSE4 plugin in the selection menu, your processor doesn't support the AVX2 instruction set.

You can set 4x native in the GSdx window after you switch plugins.

Ok cool I'll do that tonight.  Would the graphics be better if my card supported the AVX2 instruction set?  I am going to build a new rig over the next few months but I am waiting for the new Geforce cards to come out in Q3.  Thanks for the reply.
The instruction set is in your CPU, not GPU. There may be a marginal at best improvement, but not so much that you should go out of your way to find an AVX2 capable CPU. Though, most modern CPUs are capable, so it shouldn't be too much effort.
(08-10-2018, 05:34 PM)pandubz Wrote: [ -> ]The instruction set is in your CPU, not GPU. There may be a marginal at best improvement, but not so much that you should go out of your way to find an AVX2 capable CPU. Though, most modern CPUs are capable, so it shouldn't be too much effort.

Gotcha.  I got it working and I changed the native settings and it looks good.  I do have a bit of ghosting during some parts of the game.  What other tweaks would you suggest?  Thanks for your input so far.
If the ghosting only appears when upscaling, then it is, sometimes, resolved by enabling half pixel offset. Try Normal first, then if that doesn't help try the other two Special options.
Pages: 1 2