..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Crashing problems with Digital Devil Saga 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, yeah it keeps randomly crashing in the first area I get to with fighting.
Sometimes in battle, sometimes while just walking around.
Also after the scene/battle where those 2 guys turn into Ghouls and you have to fight them the game suddenly dropped to a really crappy 40FPS.

I have tried so many combos of options for many hours and have yet to get one that will actually play the game without problems.
I am playing the NTSC version btw if that helps.

So anyone wanna take a wack at this problem?
Are you using Pcsx 0.9.6 official? If so, then disabling MTGS will fix this problem. Yes it's slower but it'll be stable.

Alternatively, using one of our newer betas should also fix the problem (mtgs enabled), in addition to (I think!) allowing the intro movies to play correctly (but don't quote me on it -- I heard they work now from someone else). Wink
I'm using the latest official playground build. Does that have something to do with it?
yes that the pcsx2 team won't support anything older than pcsx2 0.9.6 Smile
Will my plugins and such work if I just copied them over to a folder with pcsx2 0.9.6?
Or am I gonna have to get all the plugins again?
Plugins should work fine, and yea 0.9.6 should fix this issue (and if not, the latest betas most certainly do).
Alright I'll go and try it out, thanks for the quick replies.