..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Fatal Frame 2 Hiccup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
New to this PS2 Emulator thing.  Did some studying but I'm still struggling lol.  Anyway, booted up FF2 and as soon as you gain control of the character, after taking a few steps forward, the sound stutters/loops.  I assume that's a point where the character yells out a name while walking.  But yeah, it does that.  I thought it was an audio issue, but after troubleshooting, it didn't go anywhere.

Another point of it was that I tried pushing on despite the grating sound but as soon as you get to the next loading screen, the game kinda freezes with the sounds still looping.  I tried to look for some old threads (https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Fatal-Fr...al+frame+2) but I couldn't access the audio plugin.  I'm not sure if I put the dll's in the wrong folder or whatever, but I'm still stuck.

So yeah, any help would be appreciated!

Specs:
i5-7300HQ CPU @ 2.50 GHz
GeForce MX150
8GB RAM
Windows 10

PCXS 1.4.0

Stuck to default settings

Playing ISO
update to latest git and report back
Sorry, what exactly do you mean by "git?"
(10-16-2018, 03:46 PM)nett12 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, what exactly do you mean by "git?"

developement versions
I got the latest one (v1.5.0-dev-2630-g322290b19). Under default settings, it's going fine so far. The part where the character yells out a name is no longer stutters/loops. Just distorted. Any recommendations on which plugin I should go for?
using OGL renderer is probably the best to do.
apart from this, I don't know since i don't own this game
It's a known issue.
https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues/2314

You can use the custom SPU2-X plugin provided in the same issue thread.
Woah, okay. Thanks for all your help. One last question tho.

I'm correct to assume that I put the custom plugin (and potentially all other custom plugins I may need to use) in the plugin folder of the PCSX Folder, right?

Edit: Yeah, I did myself and answered my own question lol