..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Liberty city stories super fast on psp emulator but very slow on pcsx2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So liberty city stories is running good on psspp but very slow on pcsx2 how do I fix lag on ps2 emulator?
Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
My PC Specs:

1,80 tb hard drive
16 gb ram
amd radeon r7 m440 4gb graphics card
intel core i7 7500u 2.70 ghz processor The lag occurs when I change graphics settings
I change the graphics settings due to they sniper bug when I scope the sniper rifle I get something like this:https://forums.pcsx2.net/attachment.php?aid=31207
They are 2 separate beasts when it comes to emulation. PPSSPP is emulating a system that is roughly between the PS1 and a ps2, with a weaker CPU and a more conventional GPU then what the PS2 uses. Most x86 processors handle the majority of PPSSPP compatible games very well, while the demands of PCSX2 are quite a bit higher.

A few quick things to check though would be making sure your laptop is on a high performance power plan (and\or plugged in when using PCSX2) and also use a hardware monitor to check temperatures when running PCSX2 to check for thermal throttling. GTA:LCS can be CPU demanding and your CPU is right on the line of what we generally recommend for demanding titles (1919 single threaded performance vs 2000 recommended)
Also IIRC the PS2 port was kind of unoptimized. It was a crawlfest in some situations even in original hardware.
Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]