..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: !Battlefield 2 Modern Combat Low FPS!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
out of 43 games, this is the only one that does this i do not know why. on hardware mode for video its just a straight up black screen, but with software it runs as good as the Dark Souls 2 pc port, but slightly more playable on the pause menu while in game i get ~32 fps, while in game i get ~19-25fps with small freezes, is there any way to improve this, i don't much care for the graphics i just want to play the game that introduced me to the gaming world.

PC specs are in attachments, as well as a cap from the game, with the version of pcsx2 that i am using.

if it is hopeless please tell me so, if not help a brother out.
Battlefield 2 is a problem child and you are probably not going to get much more than you already have. It's not a matter of configuration, this is just a really problematic game.
(12-15-2018, 05:54 AM)pandubz Wrote: [ -> ]Battlefield 2 is a problem child and you are probably not going to get much more than you already have. It's not a matter of configuration, this is just a really problematic game.

Feels triple bad, ill try still to see if i can do something ima put that computer science degree to work.
I've never played this game before, but it sounds like it's really heavy on graphics. For now, there isn't much you can do until a future release further perfects emulation. I have ATV Off-Road Fury 2 and it has such garbage graphics in hardware mode, I have to use software mode for my game. There is maybe a temporary solution I can think of. Try booting the game in software mode and press F9 to change it to hardware mode perhaps after it loads your memory card. If it gives you a black void, then there isn't anything you can right now.