..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: OSD messages when in full screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

Is there a way to display messages when in full screen mode?

My main gripe is knowing on which save slot I am without having to alt-tab/ESC and check the title bar of the window.
I'm running the games full screen and use Steam in-home streaming to play them on the TV.

i.e.
I press F1, a message should appear briefly that says "Saved state to slot 1"
I then press F2, it should say "Switched to slot 2"

If I then press F3, it should say "Loaded state from slot 2"
OSD should work in full screen... Can you verify you're on the OpenGL renderer and have not disabled it?
(12-17-2018, 03:17 AM)pandubz Wrote: [ -> ]OSD should work in full screen... Can you verify you're on the OpenGL renderer and have not disabled it?

Hi pandubz,

I'm currently running D3D9, as that was the default selection. I changed to OpenGL but still get no message when changing save slots/saving/etc.
I'm using GSD OGL plugin, with OpenGL hardware option at the moment.

Does the OSD have a separate control that I need to enable somewhere?
There should be an OSD Settings button at the bottom of the GSdx settings, where you can enable it if you have previously disabled it.

Also keep in mind I believe OSD was implemented some time after 1.4.0 released, so if you're not on a somewhat recent development build (linked in my signature), you will not have OSD at all.