..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Configuring Controller To PCSX2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i have this issue(as seen in the pictures below at the bottom of the pictures) where when i try to add the controlls from my ps2/ps3/pc (no clue why it says its an xbox 360 controller below)controller it wont let me "add" additional controls.It justs overwrites the specific one.Now the thing is i dont even CLICK or rather PRESS the button like i did when configuring controls for my keyboard it just automaticly adds the control so if i click on the right side square for example it automaticly shows that square is bound to square on the left without me actually pressing square on my controller.Idk whats wrong cause when i press to "test device" and use the controller and press up for example it shows me im pressing up or when i press square its showing i press square e.t.c but when i try to keybind those it wont let me like i said ADD additional stuff it just overwrites 1 specific command over and over again depending on what i "select" with my mouse on the right side of the window and im confused again since controller seems to be fine it works fine but i cant add the keys in order to play some games with my controller cause its a pain to play those with my keyboard.Hope someone can help me to solve this.Thanks in advance for reading.
Something is wrong with your right trigger button(R2).
When you check the gamepad in test device,does the right trigger stay at 0.000 when you don't press it?

Try unplugging=>plug it if it's connected using a cable or disconnect=>connect the dongle\Bluetooth
You cal also try restarting the pc\laptop
(02-14-2019, 08:38 PM)vsub Wrote: [ -> ]Something is wrong with your right trigger button(R2).
When you check the gamepad in test device,does the right trigger stay at 0.000 when you don't press it?

Try unplugging=>plug it if it's connected using a cable or disconnect=>connect the dongle\Bluetooth
You cal also try restarting the pc\laptop

no unfortunately both the left trigger and mainly the right trigger keep going back and forth showing random numbers.any idea what could be causing it?I will try restarting pc in a few see if it does anything ty for your response
It's either your controller or the adapter if you use one. If you have another controller, try that.
You could also test the controller in either Windows directly (the controller test is located in slightly different places depending on your Windows version) or in a separate controller test program (or even this online one https://html5gamepad.com/) see if the controller works in other things or if it just does not work period. This info would help trouble shoot a bit.
(02-15-2019, 06:46 AM)gtgamer468 Wrote: [ -> ]It's either your controller or the adapter if you use one. If you have another controller, try that.

thats weird if its the controller cause i literally bought it 2 days ago its new.
(02-15-2019, 07:36 AM)TkSilver Wrote: [ -> ]You could also test the controller in either Windows directly (the controller test is located in slightly different places depending on your Windows version) or in a separate controller test program (or even this online one https://html5gamepad.com/)  see if the controller works in other things or if it just does not work period.  This info would help trouble shoot a bit.

tried the online url link u provided everything works again only l2 and r2 buttons keep showing numbers when pressing i assume its from the controller.maaan brand new controller too darn it.Ty man i guess i gotta go buy a new one sigh
I don't know if this feature is part of 1.4.0 but XInput gamepads don't really need configuration.
This is what I did:

1.Connect my gamepad
2.Before running pcsx2 go to the inis folder(either in documents\pcsx2\inis or in the pcsx2.exe directory\inis)and delete the LilyPad.ini(I already have it,that's why I am deleting it)
3.Run pcsx2 and go to the lilypad settings
4.Enable XInput if it's not and you will see that the XInput 0 is already configured...just hit ok,don't try to configure it
5.And that's all,my gamepad works without settings any of the buttons

If you want to set keyboard keys too,since you have that problem,do you see that drop down menu at the lower right saying XInput 0?
Set it to keyboard and set your keys and once you are done,set it to "Allow all devices"

Edit:Actually that "Allow all devices" menu is part of newer version of lilypad which is part of pcsx2 1.5(the beta).
Here,the beta is much better than 1.4.0 anyway
https://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/
so weird i thought i posted it but i guess i didnt.Ok guys so thanks all for your help im good fixed it like a couple of days ago.It was the controller i just replaced it with a different one and everything works fine.Thanks all for your help really appreciate it.Seems i almost got scammed but thanks to u im good.Yall have a nice day Smile