..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: how well will it run on my laptop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I read the FAQ, I am above the minimum but below the recommended range. Here is the specs of the laptop:

Core 2 2.0Ghz
3GB ram
ATI x1400 128MB graphics card

I know that the graphics card is the weak point for me. Most emulators are CPU bound, I just hope this is the case with pcsx2 too. Thanks for your help, I am grateful!
It'll run, but slow. Perhaps even very slow.
(04-26-2009, 05:49 AM)Cain Wrote: [ -> ]It'll run, but slow. Perhaps even very slow.

That will run very slowly, your CPU is quite weak in general and the fact its a laptop model cpu/video card doesn't help much. The graphics card is also weak, so your kinda looking bad as far as running it smoothly...i'd say even the easiest emulated games might run slightly slower for you than normal.
Your cpu is weak due lower clock cpu and your gpu is obsolete but still good to compare with onboard intel. Maybe you can play 2d games at. Decent speed but no for 3d games.
You wont get speed with this.
Maybe I should post the same answer as everyone did? like 3 times?

No:

A notebook isn't really designed to play with pcsx2. Get a desktop PC with nice stats and cpu speed, then your speed will be fun. Wink