..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4windows Installer Won't Start
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, just a quick problem, I'm sure there's a simple fix given how trivial it is, maybe something I forgot to do or something.

When I double click the installer after unzipping, the task stays open for a while and then for some unapparent reason it just closes and disappears from the Task Manager entirely on it's own Angry

I'm running an old PC with Windows 7 SP1 x64.

Just to be clear, I clicked on "unblock" in properties before extracting, and am even running the file from my desktop. Am I missing something here that makes the installer just terminate itself in the background?

(Another few quick notes, the updater works just peachy, and I got the latest version from the official site).

Any help guys? Mellow

EDIT: Just so we're clear, this is the correct file, right? https://github.com/Jays2Kings/DS4Windows...indows.zip I'm just double clicking on the extracted EXE before connecting anything, am I doing anything wrong?
Hey, so, er, mystery solved ...

Turns out I didn't install the bunch of Microsoft .NET extensions that are required to RUN THESE APPS IN THE FIRST PLACE (lol)

I only found out after using the ScpToolkit by Nefarius, which detects and auto-installs anything that's missing (it's a little moot at this point, but for what it's worth, I was seriously impressed with how much that little compact installer manages to do all on it's own lol Nefarius has some mad skills ...)

Anyway, thank you to everyone who spent their time and effort writing these apps, they all mean a great deal to all of us.

I also apologize for wasting this board's time with my stupidity, and to the ~18 viewing that I seemingly confounded with my nonsense also lol

Thanks again to everyone who wrote these apps =]