..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 doesn't allow using anything else but OpenGL Hardware?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
One day I decided to play pcsx2 and I booted up gran turismo 4. The graphics were low resolution so I checked the plugin settings. The renderer was OpenGL Hardware. I changed the renderer to DX11 HW. The game looked just as bad, and I checked the settings again. The renderer was OpenGL Hardware again! I'm guessing that SSE plugins Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire

don't support anything but OpenGL.

I decided to play around switching my gsdx plugin to see which one would support DX 11. SSE2? No. SSE4? No. AVX2? Gives me this error: file is not a valid dynamic library. Because my cpu doesn't support AVX2.
My specs:
RTX 2060
i7 3770k
32gb ddr3
750w psu

I was able to play with DX11 HW renderer before! Now I can't. I'm not sure what gsdx plugin I was using back then but my games worked buttery smooth. Does anybody know why this is happening? Are there any non-AVX2 plugins that support DX11? This is weird.
did you update directx ?
Sounds to me like it's not saving your settings, try running PCSX2 as administrator and then change the GSDX settings, though tbh OpenGL is better for your system, the problem is more likely that it's not saving the Internal Resolution option so you're playing in Native Res.
I would try to reset the emulator's setting by deleting all of the inis in the folder. Are you using the stable 1.4 release or the latest dev build?