..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Help my laptop can only run ps2 game at 45 percent of it maximum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It so lag here are my laptop spec
AMD A6-7310 APU with AMD Radeon Graphics 4 cores 2.00ghz overclock 2.200ghz 16gb ram. It can run gamecube games fine. It been 20 years you think that a budget 2018 laptop can run ps2 emulator I guess not.
(03-16-2019, 12:01 PM)mikesapp Wrote: [ -> ]It so lag here are my laptop spec
AMD A6-7310 APU with AMD Radeon Graphics 4 cores 2.00ghz overclock 2.200ghz 16gb ram. It can run gamecube games fine. It been 20 years you think that a budget 2018 laptop can run ps2 emulator I guess not.
CPU STR->900
far under par. nothing you can do
The psone was able to be emulate in the 2000 with low end pc. 20 years later and the ps2 can only be run at full speed if you have a high end pc it still amazing that the ps2 is this hard to emulate it be another 10 years before ps3 can be run at full speed for an high end pc.
can you explain how a PS1 is similar to a PS2 ? just to be sure why we are developing the wrong way...
(03-16-2019, 04:37 PM)mikesapp Wrote: [ -> ]The psone was able to be emulate in the 2000 with low end pc. 20 years later and the ps2 can only be run at full speed if you have a high end pc it still amazing that the ps2 is this hard to emulate it be another 10 years before ps3 can be run at full speed for an high end pc.

youre wrong. you dont even need a high end PC to run pcsx2 at full speed. i mean here in the US,  a cheap $95 Intel Pentium G4560 cpu will run almost anything on pcsx2 at full speed and would run circles around your AMD A6-7310
How though? Yes, that CPU is really good in terms of single-thread performance, but it's still under 2000. Some of the more graphically-intense games (e.g. Gran Turismo 4) requires at least 2100, so it can't really play all of the PS2 games there is. It should always be paired with a really good GPU (with Hardware renderer) to ensure optimal performance as the Software renderer put more load into your CPU and can reduce its lifetime. I get the fact that the emulator in its earlier stages didn't need as much because codes were still being implemented to increase its accuracy, but at the cost, you lose compatibility. Now that it's more accurate to increase compatibility, the emulator requires more high-end specs.
(03-16-2019, 04:44 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]can you explain how a PS1 is similar to a PS2 ? just to be sure why we are developing the wrong way...

Ps2 keeps the PS1 GPU but it's overclocked or made faster. And PS2 is backward compatible almost by all PS1 features I think.

(03-16-2019, 07:12 PM)gtgamer468 Wrote: [ -> ]How though? Yes, that CPU is really good in terms of single-thread performance, but it's still under 2000. Some of the more graphically-intense games (e.g. Gran Turismo 4) requires at least 2100, so it can't really play all of the PS2 games there is. It should always be paired with a really good GPU (with Hardware renderer) to ensure optimal performance as the Software renderer put more load into your CPU and can reduce its lifetime. I get the fact that the emulator in its earlier stages didn't need as much because codes were still being implemented to increase its accuracy, but at the cost, you lose compatibility. Now that it's more accurate to increase compatibility, the emulator requires more high-end specs.

I have never heard that cpu degrades from usage...the degrading factor is heat so the more heat the CPU producrs the faster it degrade lifetime so if I were you I would get a decent cooler to replace that fan
(04-09-2019, 04:30 PM)GoldenGuy Wrote: [ -> ]Ps2 keeps the PS1 GPU but it's overclocked or made faster. And PS2 is backward compatible almost by all PS1 features I think.
You mean the PS1 had the GS ?
whoa... can you please link me to where you found this ?

And if so, what about the "CPU". PS1 had EE too ?
(04-09-2019, 04:30 PM)GoldenGuy Wrote: [ -> ]Ps2 keeps the PS1 GPU but it's overclocked or made faster. And PS2 is backward compatible almost by all PS1 features I think.

I have never heard that cpu degrades from usage...the degrading factor is heat so the more heat the CPU producrs the faster it degrade lifetime so if I were you I would get a decent cooler to replace that fan
Look here for the specs of the PS1 all the way to the PS4 including the PSP and the PSVITA: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/620...a/64995907
You can clearly see that the PS2 does not uses the same GPU as the PS1.

Citation needed? The PS2 GS does take inspiration from the PS1 GPU but it is nowhere near the same chipset.

And yes, the PS2 is backwards compatible, because Sony packaged several pieces of PS1 hardware inside of the PS2. What wasn't available as a hardware device was emulated on the EE, for the most part.